Noob Building a computer needs help

GreekPower

Solid State Member
Ok hi everyone im Lou i just joined today looking for advice/help. I'm going to attempt building my own computer coming up here soon. But i dont know what I should get as far as parts go. AMD or Intel? is the biggest ? i have. im not really a gamer but i do watch alot of movies, normally have alot of programs running at once. So wat should i get Amd 64bit FX-55 or the Intel 3.46ghz 1066fsb chip? thanks ill give more info once i have this picked thanks.
-Lou

o yea also i wont be over clocking so dont judge this by saying if u over clock cuz i wont do that

The question you have to ask yourself is how much do you want to spend, it is performence vs price

well im looking for good performance. ive looked only at newegg.com and had my friends help me build a comp and the total is always 3800-4000 dollars so thats were im looking to spending. but that must include everything i want. right now im on newegg getting a wish list in order so i can show u guys what im looking at getting. im setting it up for amd64 this time.

OK. This is your first build i see. DOn't spend mucho money on your first build. You could break a pin on your cpu and do anything and then you are in the hole. You need to do some research because like you dont need the fx-55, you can OC a lower chip. I know you said you dont OC but it would save you a couple hundreds. Go to tomshardware and look at benches. I just agree the acb, this being your first build, dont go all out. Do you yourself know what you need? And obviously the better contrast the better picture. I don't want to seem ma utwheneuidfor the ittme hy usuly do thsh lo tbefouying parts as that is the most expensive and important part. Also check zipzoomfly.com

well about being building my own, im only doing certain things. my friend is going to set the chip n the raid. but the rest i know how to do from taking apart my comp about once a week. hes built a new computer every 3 months and hes all into that oc and stuff. but ive heard things like shortens the life of a cpu. so i dont want to do that being my computers on nearly 24hours a day for a week or so. but next post will have wat im looking at. also is there any suggestions on a video card?

No double post and why do you need a 4000$ computer for playing dvd's and have programs open. Having programs open you will be fine with a gig or two but only two if you do huge programs. To watch dvd's you don't need a great gfx card either. You don't seem like you'd be doing enough for a 4000$ pc. A 4000$ pc built on the market would be alomost like 5000$. You don't need that type of pc.

Back
Top Bottom