Memory problem

Teom

Beta member
Hello all.

Here's my problem:

I recently bought more memory, 512 by Kingston. I had a 256 by Infineon (think that's how it's spelt). They seem to be working with each other, because the PC loads much faster with them both in.

I don't think it's all working right. I still have to play my games on the "Low" settings (and I still get slow down). DOOM 3 looked really weird, and it was all black. That is 'till I chaged the Page File to the "Recommended" size. Then it was working good. But after I played a few times, the next time I turned it on, the game was weird looking again.

My other games are slow also. I have to play them on the "Low" settings as well, and I still get slow down. I was playing Tribes:V on the "High" setting for a good while (the day I changed my Page File to the "Recommended" size), but later that day, it was weird once again.

I have a 128 MB ATI 9200 PCI, Celeron 2.00GHz, Windows XP. If you need more info, I'll be happy to post it.

Thank you for reading. Any help will be VERY much apricated.

err its your video card and your cpu they are not good enough to play a game like doom 3

Yea. The gfx card might be able to play doom on ultsa low setting but your cpu, like zoom said, just sucks lol. You wont ever be able to really play doom.

Thanks for responding guys.

I was thinking 2.00GHz was good..at least decent. I don't play DOOM 3, I only have the demo. What I play the most is T:V and UT2K4. So my problem is the Video Card and the PC? Well, that sucks to hear, lol. Guess it's best if I get a new PC.

Thanks for the info guys.

2.0ghz is good for an amd...but not a celeron or p4, your video card would be alot better if it was agp 8x and 256bit memory bus, my guess is that its 64bit which sucks

btw do you have a hp, compaq, emachine, dell, or gateway?

Are your RAM sticks both of the same frequency. Also you have a PCI video card; you should always make your primary choice for a AGP card, the AGP port is there specially for that and is twice as fast (or frequency ) as the PCI port.

Back
Top Bottom