Realone player contains spyware

There is an option during the installation process that asks if you'd like to share your browsing and search activities with Google. If you choose no, you should have nothing to worry about.

athlon64fx said:
linux is even mroe vulnerable since its open source. heck you can DoS a server though simple php message boards now!!!!!

and mess up one or two characters in teh kernal or module files and your whole system is compromized. whilist in windows you can use the xp repair function and not have to reformat to get back up and running

linux takes a good 3 hour install on my machine for even the simple distros such as redhat.

windows xp takes a good 35 minutes and thats even with reformatting.

heck server 2003 enterpise can be up and running in two hours!

and linux is waaaaaayyyy picky!

First off, I didn't say linux, I said another OS. There are a TON of other good OS's out there other than linux and windows. Second, If you have the knowledge and experience, you can protect yourself from everything you just mentioned(except the time it takes to install). Like myself, I wrote a firewall and another program that I feel eeps myself a whole lot safer than I will be with my windows firewalls. I went to a friends house and tried various things to get into my computer/drop viruses in windows and was succesfull. Then I tried it with linux and was not succesfull. But don't be all saying "well since you wrote it it prolly isn't secure." that might be your opinion but I have faith that it does keep me secure.

Also, you don't have to write programs yourself, you can be secure with other available programs. Just like windows is vulnerable if you don't use anything to secure yourself, but can be changed. Linux is the same way.

I have never used redhat so i don't know how long it takes to install, but SuSE took me less than 30 minutes to install.

I use gentoo, which I highly recommend!

I am not trying to be rude, a dick, or anything like giancarlo, I am just stating my opinion. So, please show respect (again I say this because of giancarlo)

well all the luck I had with linux im just tired of it. its a good concpet and all and yah its more configgable and all that. but its not good for lots of people and including me. too much of a pain to me and not good much at mumtimedia sicne it needs tons of packages and all that. and soundcard support and grphics card drivers are shaky and the lack of games for linux and I cant get any of those 3d graphics rendering apps to work right on all distros I tried.

I knwo genttoos emerge thigns neet tho.

but the ditros I used wore me out I may try linux another time.

I am interested in making a linux router tho!!!

Back
Top Bottom