CAN"T DECIDE - INTEL OR AMD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha; I don't like Beer :D Tee-Total :D Totally Full of Tea!

[Gets out Naval Cannon and blows Prophet's Arse right through and out his head :D]

Nah - I love you really!

I have an Intel Pent 4 2.4ghz. I am very satisfied with it. Will there be a significant difference if I used an AMD processor?

Re: CAN

Jefforaby said:
I have an Intel Pent 4 2.4ghz. I am very satisfied with it. Will there be a significant difference if I used an AMD processor?

You'll be forced to re-boot a lot more to get things working.

My AMD64 setup slaughters most other PCs in at least 90% of tests (P4 based that is) AMD64 is the way to go. They are 64bit for the future, have an ENORMOUS front side bus (1600-2000Mhz) and have an integrated memory controller which allows for the processor to access things at enormous speeds from the RAM. The P4 is not superior in ANY form, HyperThreading or not. Hyperthreading cool, but it pales in comparison to the Intg. Memory Controller on the AMD64s. The new 939 interface allows for huge bandwidth (14.4GB/sec) compared to the measly 6.4GB/sec on the HyperThreading P4s. I GUARANTEE MY PC WILL SLAUGHTER ANY PERSONS P4 BASED SYSTEM ON CF. 100% GUARANTEED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom