New, got a big problem

2004 GT RagTop

Baseband Member
Hey whats up everyone? Just came across this board as I was looking to find a place where hopefully someone can help answer my question.

Here goes:
I have a compaq presario somethin or other, its from like 4 years ago. Anyways I noticed it was getting really loud, and it annoyed the hell outta me. So I remembered someone told me the noise was due to the fan and it collecting dust. So I opened up my comp, and unscrewed the bolts to get to the fan for a nice cleaning. That thing had so much dust on it, it was crazy. I cleaned it off with a paper towel, and then put the fan back in place, bolted up the cage thing around it, and then bolted the whole fan region back into the right spot of the computer. I hook everything back up, turn on my computer, and nothing comes up... Its blank. My computer shows a little orange dot instead of green now. And my monitor also shows orange instead of green. And again...nothing comes up, blank screen. So I had to order a new comp b/c the compaq was old anyways. But I was bored and remembered that I still want to get that computer running if I can (no use letting it go to waste lol). So thats why I came here hopin someone can help. Suggestions, advice? Thanks in advance :)

try it w/o the fan? won't that fry somethin or somethin? lol I don't know the techincal stuff when it comes to computers.

I just bought the cheapest dell I could b/c I'm gonna need a new laptop when I go to college next year anyways, so this will do until then.

If I recall its got 40 gb hard drive, 2.1 or 2.3 ghz, 256 mb ram, um a 15 in flat screen, and thats all I really know (like I said, dont know much about computers lol)

I don't know everything I don't know nearly everything but What I do know is for a fact don't get A Compaq but then again I say not to buy any computer to build your own because that is the only way you can get the parts you want and good quality. By the way question is there a way to find out what products big companies like dell and hp use?

IMHO you can get great quality from companys, just get ripped off. Now i am thinking he might have had to power pwoer going so i just say see what happens when he deducts the fan.

And if you call them up you can. Alienware lists exactly what products they use.

compaq arent shit there good, nothing wrong with them,
your computer may have a unplugged wire that you may of gone on look around the wires clean it out your pc and just make sure everything is in just push them in gently more, it could be a loose wire.

well I unplugged the fan, pushed the button, and the comp wouldn't even turn on. I plugged it back in, it would turn on, but same blank screen. F this computer, nothin but problems since day 1 lol. Thanks anyways guys.

lol why would you want a P.O.S compaq, sorry but my personal experience w/ compaq sucked. I should try to sell this thing on ebay...lol

Back
Top Bottom