What do you think of America?

how much is longhorn gonna cost, im happy with linux at the moment, but im just wondering how much you think it will cost.

ok thanks, so about £90-£100? or will there be a cheaper upgrade from XP? im considering it, sounds like microsoft may have made an OS worthwhile getting, i still prefer linux, but it may be worth getting longhorn,k so basically longhorn is an updated XP?

Probably a cheaper upgrade from XP, like always. But only from a geniune XP of course :D because by then Genuine Windows will be out and in force.

A very updated XP. With all its bits, once WinFX comes out - a revolutionary Windows Version.

Haha, yeah, got to get some serious new PC then. Dual Cores, DDR 2, Terabyte Hard Drives. 2006 is a Great Year.

have they come up with a release date yet? if i install longhorn will it delete the dual boot from linux? if it does that will i have to reinstall linux? genuine windows will not be a problem, it came with the laptop.

Lol, I wonder if M$ will be pussies and not allow you to use Mozilla. I would stop using the OS right away...

They'd do that anyway; because they'd want to take advantage of the Graphics and Communications Technologies.

But no, lol, they won't do that because they're constantly watched over Anti-Trust. I think Longhorn will be a breath of fresh air for Microsoft in that its so intercompatable, there is nothing anybody can moan about in it because the Feds have looked over it all the time. They don't want anymore Hundred Million Pound Lawsuits.

I think this will be advantageous for Microsoft in the long run. Because it will make it about the Software and while its likely Linux will still gain for a year or so after Longhorn, in the end it will stop it's cutting into Windows share, because more Closed-Source companies will make better more integrated software for Longhorn for those people who don't like Microsoft but use Windows. Blackcomb I think will start pushing it back.

Back
Top Bottom