160GB Drive only showing 137GB

xx cobra xx said:
rite smackfan, at the back of the harddrive it willl show numbers somewere like this 15,32 well thats what you have to do the numbers are on diffrent lines well you have to change the pins around and c which is the highest. example:

32) . : ::. .:.: :_:: :-;;:
15) " " " " "

SLAVE AND MASTER

you would then change your 2 pins or 1 to go in any of them pins its easy.

Sorry if not explaned propley

You lost me. I know what the numbers are that you were talking about, but you lost me on the changing the pin part.

Ah, same problem I had. Now, with Maxtor drives (which are the best) you just download the Registry edit MAXTOR BIGDRIVE to enable large drive support in Windows. However, WD should have their own version, so DL it (and if they don't, just use Maxtor's BIGDRIVE on their site) It should fix it, and the drive should appear to be 152-154GBs after format. Good Luck!

AMD ZEN said:
Ah, same problem I had. Now, with Maxtor drives (which are the best) you just download the Registry edit MAXTOR BIGDRIVE to enable large drive support in Windows. However, WD should have their own version, so DL it (and if they don't, just use Maxtor's BIGDRIVE on their site) It should fix it, and the drive should appear to be 152-154GBs after format. Good Luck!

I couldnt find anything on WD's site so I went to Maxtor's and downloaded BIGDRIVE and that didnt work. The only thing I was able to do so far is to go into the computer management and set the remaining space as a seperate drive. I would like to have the whole thing showing as one drive if possible.

Back
Top Bottom