Blue Screen of Death constantly

Jester6435

Solid State Member
Please please BSoD Problems.

Alright within the last month I bought the parts and put together my first computer. she ran nice and smooth for awhile. Then I got the blue screen of death. It started coming once a day, and I just saw nothing by it since I could restart and she'd run fine for the rest of the day. So I ignored it for a couple weeks, and now my computer can barely start up. When it does start up, I can go 5 minutes before I get the blue screen that says something like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A problem has been detected and windows has been shtudown to prevent damage to your computer.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

(or more commonly 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL')

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properally installed. Check with the manufacturer/company to see if there are any windows updates needed.

If problems continue then disable/remove the newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. (tells me to use safe mode if neeed)

Techincal Information:

***STOP: 0x000004E (0x00000002, 0x03FFFFF7, 0x0003FFEF, 0x0004294)

------------------------------------------------------------------

My system specs are as follows:

Windows Home XP
AMD 64 3500+ (not overclocked)
1 gb DDR ram
37.6 gb SATA WD hardrive 10,000 rpm
80.0 gb Seagate 7,200 rpm hardrive
256 mb x800 pro
Gigabyte K8NS-XP 939 Mobo
Audigy 2 Soundcard

- My CPU's average temp is about 12 degrees celsius
-I havn't disabled the BIOS features caching and shadowing because I don't know how.
-I can use safe mode
-Sometimes after my computer gets the blue screen, it doesn't let me boot unless I run safemode, then restart in normal mode.

Please email me, post here, or catch me on aim if you can help me.

Email: NOSPAMJester6435@aol.com, NOSPAMgetherrdunn@aol.com (remove NOSPAM)
AIM: Jester6435, or getherrdunn
MIRC Gamesurge in #5star under burns`

One thing it could be is your drivers. Try reinstalling all of your drivers.
Code:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

that means that the kernal or a driver is trying to access a memory address and either can't find it or has no access to it.

If you want more info as to how to fix it, google the errors you got. I would suggest only going to the microsoft website. As it has a lot of troubleshooting info. I would suggest searching for "
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" on Microsofts site.

i had the same exact problems..i fixed it by updating the bios, and stopped overclocking the cpu. no problems now

awww

I did something wrong while in safe mode, and when I booted in normal mode it won't let me connect to the internet.

The last good config option seemed to have worked. Now to put it to the test, playing CS:S or HL2 and see if I get the screen again. If that happens then will try what you others mentioned. Thanks a lot for the help. It is very much appreciated.

If it doesn't fix it (and even if it does) put in your XP CD during BOOT and BOOT from the CD. Go into Repair console, and type this:

chkdsk /r
Make sure the space is between the k and the /r part!
Then hit enter and let it go, it will heal the Kernel and Driver sets, and fix XP like new without a format!

Back
Top Bottom