msn-icq-yahoo messanger

B1kesrule

In Runtime
alll the time i switch my computer on msn and alll that pop up asking me to sign in is there anything i can do to make them stay in the icon tray when i put my computer on.

thanks alex

run "msconfig" into the run prompt, and then select yahoo and msn not to start up, under the "Startup" tab. You can also disable other programs that are unnecessary to have start up. It makes start ups much quicker to have some things removed.

is there somthing u have to do before that beacause i tried typing msconfig in to it but it didnt work..

just go into options in the messenger program and uncheck the box that says "run this program when windows starts"??

Go to Preferences and Options - then untick for the Messenger Window to Open when Windows Starts. That way, it loads up, but doesn't come up.

definitely learn to use msconfig and remove all unnecessary programs from startup. You dont realize how much junk gets stored in there. The only thing that i have checked on my pc are my antivirus and firewall files, nothing else. My pc boots up in seconds.

i beleive its the last tab that has ur start up programs. Just go int there and uncheck the ones that arent necessary. Leave the ones that u r unsure of.
Here's a tip: Next time u install ur OS, everytime u install a program, go in there and uncheck what was just added. You'll be surprised how many programs are added to startup without ur knowledge.
Sorry dont know of any tutorials though.

Back
Top Bottom