160GB Drive only showing 137GB

on my previous comp i brought, it had a 200gig seagate hdd but only showed 137gigs but when i went to my computer, it showed 200gigs...very strange, very strange indeed

wrong wrong wrong.

rite smackfan, at the back of the harddrive it willl show numbers somewere like this 15,32 well thats what you have to do the numbers are on diffrent lines well you have to change the pins around and c which is the highest. example:

32) . : ::. .:.: :_:: :-;;:
15) " " " " "

SLAVE AND MASTER

you would then change your 2 pins or 1 to go in any of them pins its easy.

Sorry if not explaned propley

If your missing 23 Gig! go to your admiinistrative tools, storage and check to see if only 137Gig where set active, and the 23 Gig left inactive. Activate it, format it and make a new drive. You mention you have SP2. Did you download and install it after the initial installation of XP (which edition)? because XP along without the SP2 would only recognize 137 Max.
Now with SP2, it can recognize hard disk up to something like 4 Tera!

yeah mine are doing that too, my 36.7g raptor is showing up as 34.4 and my 74g raptor is shouing up as 69.2, hey! i want my other 6.1 gigs back.. thats a hole lot of games..

what can i do! i dont have sp2 and i dont think i want it.

omg guys when you format a drive its not going to show all of it..you cant do anything about it

yea dude, it won't show all of it. i have 250gb external hd and it only shows 237 of it.....of course its formatted in fat32 lol :D

the way microsoft shows hard drive space and the way manifacturers show hard drive space are two diffrent methods that is why you get less usable space then what they advertise becouse the manufacturers dont want to tell you the real space on the drive which is what microsoft is happy to do.

zero4zero said:
You mention you have SP2. Did you download and install it after the initial installation of XP (which edition)? because XP along without the SP2 would only recognize 137 Max.
Now with SP2, it can recognize hard disk up to something like 4 Tera!

Yes, I downloaded SP2 after I installed XP Professional. Also, in the Administrative Tools, do I set the 23Gig as a primary partion or an extended partion?

Back
Top Bottom