New MSN Virus? (sending fake pic files)

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Ok, i haven't actually got this, but i'm noticing more n more people are getting something that appears to hijack or do sonething with there msn. All i know is it creates 'msdos' files, named as pictures like 'Me & You Pic!'. I used remote assistance to have a look on a comp that had it, and all these files seemed to be created in the first directory of your harddrive, (same directory as windows, progrma files, etc...) I deleted them, but when she restarted her comp it hadn't quite got rid of it. Nearlly all of my contacts seem to be gettings this, i think its some kind of worm or something. Can anyone here shed some light on this?

My friend put it in her own words...

'k when you log onto msn you can talk for a few minutes. then a window comes up sayin send file with a contacts name along the top. you click off it and click onto a contacts name to send a message. the send files window either appears again or you are unable to send a message so you have to log out and back in. you cannot delete files either'

Norton Anti-Virus has the Definition to remove that virus and i believe that you can download a removal tool if you get it from Symantec website

Back
Top Bottom