160GB Drive only showing 137GB

smackfan761

Baseband Member
I recently bought a 160 Gig Western Digital Hard drive and it's only showing that it's a 137 Gig. In the installation instructions it says to go into the BIOS and change the IDE Auto Config to LBA (Logical Block Addressing) and I did that. Is there something that I'm not doing that I should? I'm running Windows XP with service pack 2 on it. It's an HP computer with a 1.5 GHz Pentium processor and 64MB ATI Video card. Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get it to show the full 160 Gigs?

smackfan76 said:
I recently bought a 160 Gig Western Digital Hard drive and it's only showing that it's a 137 Gig. In the installation instructions it says to go into the BIOS and change the IDE Auto Config to LBA (Logical Block Addressing) and I did that. Is there something that I'm not doing that I should? I'm running Windows XP with service pack 2 on it. It's an HP computer with a 1.5 GHz Pentium processor and 64MB ATI Video card. Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get it to show the full 160 Gigs?
You might have to go to the HP site, and get a bios upgrade to recognize the large hhd.

No I have it seeing my full 200GB Seagate drive. I'm running SP2 and no extra software.

Back
Top Bottom