OK! picked up another raptor 74g to go with my 36.7

crayzboost

In Runtime
ok my buddy that works at the local comp store got me another raptor, this one is 74g my other one is 36.7 in my sig. i dont think i wanna do raid these hd's seem fast enough.

what should i do as far as configuration goes?

should i use the 74g for the main hd and use the smaller one for backup with an os on both?

or should i keep like games and large programs on the smaller one with an os just in case?

or vise versa?

The raptor is used to run programs and read them more quickly. The faster HD you have should contain OS, games, other programs that will benfit from being read fast. The bigger and/or slower drive should contain documents and other stuff that doesnt need to be fastly read. With you it doesnt matter sicne you have raptors. You should buy a storage drive.

i don't think you can RAID them if you wanted to. but i am probably wrong, its just that i heard that you could only RAID hard drives of the same size only, along with same brand, specs etc.

No. RAID can be with any size or brand HDD. But, if you RAID Raptors, they're performance is insane!

Back
Top Bottom