upgrade list

money_man said:
ok just give me a straightforward answer, i dont need none of this "well the 6800gt and ultra are better" because they are still more by themselves than 2x6600gt's so im thinking about the 6600's, can anyone tell me will 2x6600gt's run any games out right now with high settings????

I really wish people would shut up about things they don't know. For all those who have never had two 6600GTs and then used ONE 6800, be quiet. :rolleyes:

Two 6600GTs can keep pace with an x850XT PE in SEVERAL tests, and with some decent OCing, they can beat it in almost 85% of tests, and two 6600GTs cost about $380-$420 for both, while a 6800GT PCIe card costs $445 by ITSELF (as in 1 (ONE!)) MoneyMan, the performance of two 6600GTs will run ANY game on HIGHEST settings at MAX with ease, don't worry about it.

lol i'll just sit here and think about if i want to go AMD or Intel... once i get a gaming computer i plan on playing

DOOM 3
far cry
half life 2
etc.

all the new games...i dunno some people say go 3.2ghz intel and others say go with the amd set-up and 6600gt's, i'll just have to figure out which one i would rather have.

wait i know!!!! which one will last the longest without updating it? and still be able to play all the new games, because im 15 turning 16 this aug and i plan on getting a car, which means not alot of money for computer parts anymore

(1989 mustang gt with mettalic silver paint and tinted out windows, 18" konig wheels aluminum (chrome rusts too easy), and a 5.0l CAMMER engine (omfg brb just put white sticky stuff all through my pants) 5.0l cammer engine is pumping out 440 hp!!! oh yea then complete JBL stereo system, 2x15" and 3x12" muahahhaa ahhahaha

AMD 3000+ which can OC to FX-55 speed with overclocking. Intel is fine ut go AMD since it is 64-bit. Please search on google some so we dont have to respond to everything :)

well its easier for me to just ask, i still dunno which ones ima get, AMD ZEN what will that set-up get me without o/c in 3dmark03

Dude, go AMD(See gian i see both sides unlike you) You will be able to use the cpu when you upgrade. You deifnently get WC though so you can OC well. just go with agp now since you are going to upgrade when there is going to be MAJOR differences in technology.....my opinion.

money_man said:
well its easier for me to just ask, i still dunno which ones ima get, AMD ZEN what will that set-up get me without o/c in 3dmark03

Without overclocking.... hmm... about 13,000-14,000 in 3DMark03 with proper setup and minor tweaking (Not OCing)

BTW, go AMD. I will not be biased here at all. Intel sucks at gaming because games rely on fast memory access. P4s have to use the on MOBO memory controller, which takes a LOT of time and effort, slowing down your games.
Meanwhile, AMD64's have an Integrated memory controller which accesses memory in 1/842 of the time! This basically means... GAMES WILL SCREAM!! I get 315-480 FPS in CounterStrike Source with ease. And that isn't just my GPUs for your info!

In the video pressure test right now im getting a miserable 40FPS...when I want like 100+, what do you mean by minor tweaking? drivers and stuff?

Back
Top Bottom