upgrade list

money, dont waste your money now and but ATI'd SLI at the end of the year, it is a waste. From your current system, it doesnt look like you need and SLI. If you were a gamer you would already have a gaming rig. I am sorry i sound harsh but you just dont seem like you'll really use it. You have a celeron but you are upgrading to SLI? It justs doesnt add up to me. I know myself i feel i need the best when hell, i wont take advantage of it. Nothing out there takes advantage of the SLI especisally if you are going to buy a AMR later. 50% of the games don't support the SLI stuff. You would be fine with a AGP card which you couls get a better card for cheaper. I am not saying this to change your mind nor get down on you, it is justs my opinion and i apologize if it seems harsh.

well the only other thing i could do for now so i can play games good is go with a 3.2ghz prescott, adn tehn save up and get teh AMR and then stuff later

yea why do these people need these amd athlon fx-55 and 6800gt, you will never even use the power that this components can offer so why waste your money on it? to be a show off? like my rig plays games fine with no hicups or lag at all and its not all that great, and even now i have not met a program that can bring my pc down to its knees...this computer parts industry is just gettin richer and richer while you guys buy uneccesary parts...

Money please dont waste your money like that, nothing uses it and all you can do is brag which is useless.

lol yes i know, but i want a comptuer that will play any games for like this year and maybe part of next year, although i may just upgrade christmas like you said jack22. would my 9800pro with a 3.2ghz p4 play all the new games without lagging? oh and ZOOMTM whats your systems specs

Cooler Master Centurion 5 Silver and Black Case (Under Warranty)

Thermaltake PurePower 420Watt (Under Warranty)

ASUS A7V880 Motherboard (Under Warranty)

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ 1.8GHZ 512KB Cache 266FSB – Overclockable to 2.6GHz (Under Warranty)

Wintec 1GB 3200 DDR Ram (512X2 Dual Channel) (Under Warranty)

ATi Radeon 9800PRO 256-Bit 128MB (Not Under Warranty)

2x Samsung Spinpoints SATA 7200RPM 80GB Each, 8MB Cache (Raid 0) (Under Warranty)

Lite-On 52X CD Burner (Under Warranty)

Samsung/Toshiba DVD/CDRW 52X (Under Warranty)

Samsung/Toshiba CDROM 52X (Under Warranty)

Samsung Floppy Drive (Under Warranty)

Speeze Whisperrock II CPU Cooler (Not Under Warranty)

120MM Fan in Back

80MM in Front

80MM on Side

VGA Silencer Rev. 3 Cooling System on Video Card (Under Warranty)

CPU + GPU with Arctic 5 Thermal Paste

well if i dont need that those upgrades im not gunna get them, i just want a system that will play HL2 and DOOM3 without lagging all to crap (meaning almost no lag at all)

though i wouldnt mind a nice DFI lanparty motherboard and an amd 64, dunno if x800 is worth the upgrade cuz with proper cooling i can get a 9800pro/xt up to its speed

Yea get excellent cooling and just get a slightly better card, don't go all out. Dude i know how you feel, SWEEEETTT DUAL GPU'S!!! But when i think about it it just isn't worth it at [B] at the moment.

lol thats exactly how i feel, ok so what would you guys suggest for cooling? water? or air cooling, also what heatsink if the 3.2ghz prescott one isnt enough, how many fans? this is the case i have:

QF50 series

the all black one

Back
Top Bottom