couple q's for the amd buffs

jay8990

Daemon Poster
ok so my mainboard is msi k8n neo2 platinum, it says it supports fsb up to 1000. so why is mine at 209? a can up it to about 220 which clocks the processor at about 2.4GHz, how i get it up to 1000!?

so iv read about hypertransport, but what is it?! is it contrable through software? is it on automatically or do you have to enable it?

is there any real advantage to cool n quiet? does it matter just to have on all time?! -sorry dont quite know wording for that question really!

what is fsb multpliers!? can i get one?! this kinda hooks into my first question

any help many thanks!!!!

Jay

-What we do in life echoes in eternity-

ok, when u look in bios, to get the fsb, u take the htt frequency, and the fsb and multiply them, if u OC faster than 220 u gotta change the htt to 4x, insted of 5 so ur fsb is actually going at 1ghz, and then the core multiplier is 10x fsb, to get the core speed so 200 fsb with 5x htt, and 10x multi = 2ghz @1ghz fsb

it wont let me change ht from 5 to 4. i click that option and it like freezes or something. wont let me do anything i just have to reset. do i need to disable something else first or something to get this option to work?

Back
Top Bottom