sp2?

i have sp2 and personally im not a fan of it the main things it does is put better protection on the computer and improve some features. but the bad points are

1. a lot of p2ps dont work in fact i tried limewire, shareaza and bitornado(bt works but it is very slow becuase sp2 doesn't allow incoming connections.
2. it slows down you pc
3. the protection it gives isn't even that good it's just a firewall and some other stuff.

but there are still good things about it for example the defragment tool is different and works one hell of a lot better my computer can now actually defrag whilst it's in screensaver mode so i dont have to keep doing it

It gives good integration if you have an Anti-Virus or other Firewall. Great Security features in Internet Explorer, and while a few major P2Ps are slower - Bearshare and Shareaza and such aren't complicated at all.

I have noticed no speed change at all.

i dont like it some setting arent rite with it, all its made for is firewall, i dont need it i have got a firewall on my router and my pc i am safe.

There are more glitches found in SP2 for Windows XP. One of the flaws could reduce the write speed of most common DVD drives. ROxio and Nero reported performance hits as much as 40%.

Some laptops, battery goes down faster with SP2 installed over SP1. There is also a firewire glitch that slows it down too, but there's a fix for that.

I have to say it sound pretty bad, but in most cases, newer software updates can override most of these inconvienences. Just have to wait for them to come out, if not available already.

I've been running SP2 (installed from a full XP Pro SP2 CD), for about 3 months now. The only problems I've had is with p2p apps (Kazza and morpheus), which either wouldn't load (Kazza), or wouldn't work once it did (Morpheus). All things considered, I'd say install it.

It is worth it. Bearshare and Shareaza Work - and they're better anyway. Most everything works with SP2; the problems found a few and getting less.

sp2 is wonderfull, faster than sp1, has antivirus alreats, has a firewall, and has a built in pop up blocker for ie. and i installed it on my illegal copy of xp and it works fine :)

Back
Top Bottom