Beginning programming

TOWT

In Runtime
would c be a good starting language (no prior programming experence)
if not what would a good starting one be?

I would dabble in a less complex language for a complete beginner, you could try c first but you would most likely get very confused very fast. Try BASIC the name says it all.

No, even liberty basic is fine. Visual basic is not BASIC. Visual basic is like creating visual things, that's not the easiest. Try Perl or Liberty basic.

wht do you mean is it free? You need what you need, say a book($). Perl doesnt need complier and my LB book had a LB complier in it. Search on google.

if you want to learn how to program in C, then I suggest that you jump straight in.

there isn't much that you can't ask for help with fi you get stuck, and it really isn't that hard once you've gotten your head around the basic concepts.

If you want to start with a different language first, then move onto C, i would suggest PHP, since you can write terminal line program, the syntax is almost the same (though dramatically simplified),

a good place to start is on howthingswork.com they have some good beginner C tutorials.

Back
Top Bottom