Xbox2 vs PS3 vs Revolution

yer xenon is a nick name and get your fax rite LK
I SAID THE PS3 WILL BE ABOUT 400 ERRRR.
And ps2 has not got the same amount of things thats why it is dear. o and the Xbox was more then the Ps2 when 1st game out LK so i think its goner be around PS3 price but sony do not need money who the fuk said that lol dont come out with crap lol sony need money come on.

Yeah that was a bit hard to grasp but i think he's tryin to say that the xbox next will be the same price as ps3, which is unlike the situation between xbox and ps2, were the xbox was more expensive!!

xx cobra xx said:
yer xenon is a nick name and get your fax rite LK
I SAID THE PS3 WILL BE ABOUT 400 ERRRR.
And ps2 has not got the same amount of things thats why it is dear. o and the Xbox was more then the Ps2 when 1st game out LK so i think its goner be around PS3 price but sony do not need money who the fuk said that lol dont come out with crap lol sony need money come on.
Xenon is its Codename (pointed out here). XBox Next is a stupid nickname people made up months ago

Yeah - it was. But Microsoft had realised that after only a few weeks - so they're not going to do it again are they. This time - they know what they're doing and they won't release at anything more than Sony is releasing at. If they can - it will be less than. Sony need more money than

alvino said:
No. Care to post them? :D
Yeah:

Below are suggested specs from various sources, rumours, and press releases. When new news appears this will be updated, and of course when official specs are released by Microsoft this site will be updated accordingly.

Processor / CPU

Three IBM-developed 65nm 64-bit chips @ 3.5GHz+ each. (as used in Apple G5's)
Two cores for each processor, each of which can run two processes in parallel, creating, in effect, 12 processors.

Possibly based on either:

IBM G5 PowerPC Processor OR
New IBM PowerPC Processor

Video / Graphics

ATI Processor similar to upcoming R500.
Clocking in at 500MHz+
Up to 512MB Samsung GDDR2 SDRAM running at 1600MHz.
HDTV support for resolutions up to 1920x1080.
DirectX 10 Support.
~300 Million Transistors on VPU.
Vertex & Pixel Shaders 3.0

Sound / Audio

Dolby Digital 7.1
1024 channel audio
256 3D channel audio
24-bit (DVD quality) audio

Storage / Memory

Minimum of 256MB of System Ram
Dual Layer DVD (9.4GB), Blu-Ray (25GB+) OR Custom Microsoft disks.
Rumoured to be no harddrive, instead removable Flash Memory Storage.

Input / Output

4 x Microsoft Controller Ports
1 x Firewire
1 x 10/100mpbs Ethernet Connection
1 x HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) output
1 x Optical out (Digital Audio)

From here
Below are suggested specs from various sources, rumours, and press releases. When new news appears this will be updated, and of course when official specs are released by Sony this site will be updated accordingly.

PE (Processing Element) Features and General Specifications

8 Identical Attached Processing Unit (APU): ??? bits, Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD)
Clock Frequency: 4GHz
Integer Unit: 4 X Integer Units: 32 billion operations per second (32 GFLOPS).
4 X Floating Point Units: 32 billion floating point operations per second (32 GFLOPS)
Register Capacity: 128 times 128 bits
Local Memory / Storage or (LS) per APU: 128 kilobytes SRAM
Main Memory: Main Memory: 64-bit XDR-RAM at 6.4GHz
Memory Bandwidth: (dual-channel = 102.4 GB/s)
DMA: 1 channel per APU
Direct Memory to APU Access: 1,024 bits wide per channel. (8 Channels)
LS to Register: 128bits
Registers to Floating Point or Integer Units: 384 bits per channel
Floating Point or Integer Units to Register: 128 bits per channel​

Geometry

Gate Width: 0.10 micron

Graphics Subsystem - Features and General Specifications

Pixel Fill Rate: 16 G/Sec

Display Output

NTSC/PAL
Digital TV (DTV)
VESA (maximum 1280 x 1024 pixels)
High Defenition TV (HDTV)
Max Resolution: ~2560 x 1920

Disc Device

CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
Blu-Ray
From here
Now, a bit of clarification is necessary here. We have two sets of specs to talk about. Supposedly Nintendo has two sets of benchmark specifications they're working with, and one will be chosen when they are closer to actual development. We'll talk about both in the analysis.

System 1:

2.7 Ghz PowerPC G5 Processor
512 Megs total Ram (128 for video, 64 for sound)
600 Mhz graphics chip

System 2:

Dual 1.8 Ghz IBM G5 PowerPC processors
256 Megs DDR Main memory (64 dedicated to sound, using a 7.1 sound system at 196 Khz)
128 Megs GDDR3 Video memory
500 Mhz graphics chip (ATI developed, 16 Pixel Pipe, 220 Million transistors)

Shared Information:

Built in 15 Gigabyte harddrive
Blue-laser disk technology
Potential DVD playback
Case design philosophy more like the N64, less like the GameCube
From here

xx cobra xx said:
ask the ps2 wiz kid lol me

Ps3 will cost average about 400 pound and 150 LK wtf it was 300 pound then down to 250 my friend got 1 of the first UK ps2 versions and i played it yess thats rite i played 1 of the top 10 1st ps2's lol i am happy

When did you become the wiz kid. If I am not mistaken didnt I prove you wrong in the other post on the other forum. Not that I am the qiz kid but I wouldnt brag too much if I were you. I think the PS3 will be between 300-400 US. Probably closer to 300.

Oh and yeah I voted PS3. If not only for the Final Fantasy series. That is enough there to make someone buy a certain system.

when did i become the wiz kid lol sice i started the forums alot of people know and what are you on about, what 400 US are you crazy lol reason for ps2 wiz because i no what i am doing with them, chip, play beta, online mode i no my stuff with the ps2 dude i have had alot of them i have even tryed hooking a pc harddrive to it lol it worked but no downloding and i even no how to get the ps2 chipped with out a chip and i even now how to run linux on it m8 dont say i aint no ps2 wiz kid.

O and when did you proff me wrong may i ask

US!

That makes more sense - I wondered why I thought they were less. I was talking about £150 or so - and Cobra didn't put currency markers.

yer sorry LK i have a US set out on my keyboard dont ask me why i just like the @ sign o and LK how old are you and do you go college got to post something you will love m8. i love it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom