Whats next for my computer!!

2.4 ghz? is that safe to overclock that thing 600 mhz? also are u saying that my processor is holding back the performance of my gfx card? the 9600xt is clocked at 500mhz :)

No, not really. The Barton is good, but that is WAY too MUCH for any core except the Winchester Core to handle (and only with really good cooling!) I would get the setup I showed you above, then save for a year for a new GPU, and get a new nVidia PCI Express GPU when you are ready to.

No no no. Not PCI, PCI Express. It is much faster and more powerful then AGP will ever be. AGP is dying very quickly. PCIe (PCI Express) is the new AGP.

whats the best gfx card that runs around $200 right now?..
Also, why is my pc3200 ram running at 200mhz? isnt pc3200 (DDR400) supposed to be running at 400mhz?
Just fouund out that my processor fsb is only running at 166..when its really a 333...but its running at 1.8 ghz like it should....ugh!

hey dumbass, one of the parts you picked out for him was a 6200 turbocache.

edit:
merlin, OC"ing to 2.4 isn't as dangerous as you think.

The barton cores have Extreme overclocking capabilities. And you don't need like water cooling or anything. Just go out and by yourself a nice $30 aftermarket cooler.

AMD ZEN said:
Are you completely retarded??? Seriously, the 6200 is way better. Don't believe me? Fine, believe nVidia you foolish nonbeliever. It is complete idiotics to think that the turbocache, shader 3.0, and PCIe wouldn't slaughter the 5950Ultra. Here, you the dim witted, proof of your utter stupidity on the matter. Now go away ANTICHRIST.

it's funny.

Cause clearly here you state that this " It is complete idiotics to think that the turbocache, shader 3.0, and PCIe wouldn't slaughter the 5950Ultra".

ahem. And than soon after, you state, that you said the regular 6200, not the turbocache. Excuse me if i'm blind, but i clearly read turbocache in that sentence.

And i'm actually a fervent christian. Only antichrist is you for not being able to take constructive criticism and turning it around so that you look foolish.

i think im going to overclock my 2500..for now and get a new video card..but im not sure yet what is worth it or not becaus eit seems the geforce 6200 is not as good or equal to the radeon 9600 xt..which i already have..what is the best gfx card right now that runs for about 200?

i would go with what amd zen said for 400 bux, the card is pci EXPRESS which is better than AGP, the cpu can be ocd ezily, and the mobo is extremely good, trust me, go with what zen said my frend

Back
Top Bottom