Could this damage my dvd drive?

iflabs

Baseband Member
I accidently put in a cd upside down. I was wondering why the drive wouldn't read the disc so I ejected it and realized that I had inserted the disc upside down. Could this possibly damge the lens?

Come on...I've loaded a drive with a disk that had a nice chip in it. It vibrated the whole table :p The drive was perfectly fine afterwards.

One of my friends told me he microwaved a CD, then stuck it in the drive... *BOOM* The disk blew up, but the drive still worked, somehow, after they got the junk out...

It's not like the lens ever touches the disk, so I doubt you could do much to actually damage this part of the drive...

lol i even put 2 disks in at the same time once...shook like hell and made an awful noise...cd drive still worked though, and both disks weren't scratched

yea i've done that too the 2 discs at once..only because i was too lazy to turn on light...your drive should be fine

Same here. Funny you guys mention that. Seem like it's common thing to do (putting 2 discs in at once by accident). Like everyone is saying, no problem at all.

omg i tryed to put to disks in because i was bored just now and it run for about 5 secs then i thought umm cool then it fuking made a chopper noise and i just fell out of my chair lol
AHHHHHHHHHHH

Back
Top Bottom