What do you think of America?

Lord Kalthorn said:
I really don't know. From what I've heard of GCSE Level Sociology it involves watching Videos about people too fat, or people who have sex with their family, or gay people, or paedophiles, or have too many wives... that sort of people.

Then doing a test that is piss easy because the answers are on the paper.
So you are putting gay people in the same category of people people who are incestous, paeodphiles, or have more then one wife? Why do you refer to me as that sort of people?

I like human based applications, like that of sociology. If you want to assault my education in that like you have been doing in the past, I think you should be knocked back in place. You need to learn how to show some respect. I blew my temper because you never showed me any respect to begin with. You were mocking, and assaulting my education.

So I give you a glorious: Fuck you!

mark thorpe said:
wow, we basicly got the same results, apart from the D you got a C and you got an A*, well done, a good set of results there!, the C was in english lit, cant write, well not legibaly anyway!! i managed an A in history though! the B's were in english lang and chemistry.
Ah :D English Language... it doesn't like the way I write essays on stuff - they put on some stupid thing you have to write an essay on and I just can't help but be sarcastic and make it stupid. I'm surprised I didn't get a D. Wow; A in History is great.

Jefforaby said:
What grade are you in LK?
Year 12, so I suppose 12th Grade. If that makes sense :p I don't know how your crazy system works.

Giancarlo said:
So you are putting gay people in the same category of people people who are incestous, paeodphiles, or have more then one wife? Why do you refer to me as that sort of people?
I did not put Gay people in that category - I put them in the category of the sort of people Sociology Students, at least in the school I went to, watch and write about.

Giancarlo said:
I like human based applications, like that of sociology. If you want to assault my education in that like you have been doing in the past, I think you should be knocked back in place. You need to learn how to show some respect. I blew my temper because you never showed me any respect to begin with. You were mocking, and assaulting my education.
Human based applications are fine; I just don't think they should be classed in with University Degrees, if you want to do a Doctorate and write your paper on something like that then it makes sense but a University Degree... It seems a little degrading, and indeed it cuts down on the numbers of people doing actual University Degrees, because they realise the other ones - not so much Economics but Sociology, Journalism, 'American Studies' obviously not done in American but you get the idea are simpler and so they do them. It just seems like a way for everybody to get a Degree and thats not what University is about. 'You have a Degree, wow' instead of 'You have a Degree, everybody does' its not really the same. Social Sciences, Economics, Journalism, American Studies, that sort of thing should be done in Work Experience and if you're good enough you go to a University for a Doctorate.

Its just not what Universities were designed for. They were designed for Academic Studies. Different Extensions of Maths, Science and English.

Lord Kalthorn said:

I did not put Gay people in that category - I put them in the category of the sort of people Sociology Students, at least in the school I went to, watch and write about.
Good I want that to be as clear as possible.
Human based applications are fine; I just don't think they should be classed in with University Degrees, if you want to do a Doctorate and write your paper on something like that then it makes sense but a University Degree... It seems a little degrading, and indeed it cuts down on the numbers of people doing actual University Degrees, because they realise the other ones - not so much Economics but Sociology, Journalism, 'American Studies' obviously not done in American but you get the idea are simpler and so they do them. It just seems like a way for everybody to get a Degree and thats not what University is about. 'You have a Degree, wow' instead of 'You have a Degree, everybody does' its not really the same. Social Sciences, Economics, Journalism, American Studies, that sort of thing should be done in Work Experience and if you're good enough you go to a University for a Doctorate.
Again stop assaulting my education and the education of so many professors that do have degrees in human based applications, like sociology and anthropology. They are very smart people who deserve their degrees for the work they do. It is not degrading. You are degrading. Actual university degrees? So i'm not doing an actual university degree? I'm a political scientist.. and that is similiar to sociology. You have a degree to get into a field you want. I can get into politics.. or government. I intend to go into private government life, not one with a big spot light. I also plan to pursue my masters. So I should be forced to take math or science to get a degree? You have no authority to speak of what you think is a degree or what university is about. You know nothing about this topic.
Its just not what Universities were designed for. They were designed for Academic Studies. Different Extensions of Maths, Science and English.
ASSHOLE. You can't speak on that matter. You have no authority.

wow, are you doing your A2's this summer then? or are you in the AS year, my school has a really weird system and does it in forms like 4th, L5th, U5th and the 6th form. i am in L6th at the moment, AS year. and yes i agree that america has good universities!! it has kinda got off topic hasnt it!!:D

Yeah - that's why I said about America's Universities :D

Yeah - doing AS this year. 3 Computing Tests, 3 Business Studies Tests, C2, C3, M2, M3 :p

wow, we are in the same year, when was your 17th? also have you had your 1st driving lesson yet? i have mine this friday at 10.30:D:D
what do you do in buisness studies? i am doing computing exams next year, i chose to do it that was so i am doing 4 subjects each year, not 5 and then 3.

Haha - yeah. Not doing much in Business Studies - just finishing the Report on the Presentation on Marketting. 4 a Year makes sense - its a bit boring though; I'll have to get 5 or 6 next year or I'll die of the boredom.

17th was 12th September :p I've had about 6 Driving Lessons and we've been up and down a local main road. 'twas fun :D How was your first lesson?

Back
Top Bottom