Hyper Threading problem

BROKENWINGS

Solid State Member
i am not of the intel's fans ... but as i have 2 sell all the kinds in my office i noticed a problem ...
when i install an intel CPU with the HT & although that the HT in the BIOS is enabled when i get into the windows i c 2 CPUs in the device manager screen & it is natural cos of the HT ...but as i run many programs the 1st CPU usage became 100% and the other one keep 0% so how can i make them both work ...i tried manythings & i wish some1 can help me ...i kn

This is indeed normal - windows is not aware of there being one CPU with HT - it thinks you have two precessors. Therefore when you run an app it will assign the full processor power to it, but because of its HT it still has another pipeline free to use on another app. Hence windows will only see one processor working and the other at zero. To get both to appear to run try running two instance of a program like folding at home with different machine id's in command line mode - it certainly does it for mine! another technique I found to fill up the CPU usage on both processors is to RAR two or three or more largish files at the same time, thus making use of the HT support and making both processors in task manager 100% workload.

set all ur mundaine proceces in task manager to affinity to so they will run on the virtual ht proccesor freeing up the 1st fo half life 2 or whatever you play this teechnique has beasted my performance output

Back
Top Bottom