CAN"T DECIDE - INTEL OR AMD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CAN

Barrett said:
Hey everyone! I am in a bit of a rut right about now. First of all, I can't decide whether to go with Intel or AMD for my new gaming computer. I know everyone says AMD is better for gaming, which I also agree with, but seeing all of these pro Intel people gets me thinking: is Intel just as capable at gaming as AMD is? What are your experiences with the two? My second question is, are Intel mobo's going to be using the new 939 interface, or this an AMD only thing? I have one more questiuon that I know is a bit off topic, but I would really appreciate your help! Do you think an ALUMINUM case (Lian-Li P60) with 2 120mm fans can cool just as effectitvely as a case (Antec PlusView AMG1000) with 4 80mm fans (I do plan on overclocking). Thank you very much for any comments or help!

- I don't get home until saturday so it may be a couple days until I can post again! I look forward to your responses.
AMD FOR GAMING INTEL FOR MUILT-TASK

You look set.. the 939 is only AMD :D

AMD and intel can be good..but a amd 64 right nows your bets bet.

(cobra..stop just pasting what other people say...have your own view, your not very knowlegdable in terms of computing so sit back and listen..think of your own words ;) )

I've had experience with only Pentiums before and they have all been good so far. I'm getting a 64-bit system in the next few months. This thread has been almost making me change my mine because I do multi-task alot but I will probably stick with AMD since it'S 64-bit. (I dont want to spend another big sum of money in the future)

Barrett, i was looking at your specs in your sig and you already have a good 19" monitor so i would say put your money into upgradding more of your system instead of a new one unless it's really old.

EDIT : If you go with the intel look for a 3.2GHZ HT or a 3.4GH HT since they overclock really well

(I wish Intel would just put out a 64-bit processor)

well u can see that amd won!!! :)
and if any one has future questions about cpu preformence issues then here is a refrence page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom