Internet won't work on my computer!!

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
OK, I just got Roadrunner right, and it won't work on my computer, but it will work on my dad's (I'm using his right now BTW) and my sister's. I have tried every possible thing imagineable and even when it says in the system tray that there is a connection, the internet still won't work. I don't know what the problem is. I re-installed drivers for different things and it still won't work even though it says there is a connection. Can someone pleeeease give me some suggestions cuz if I can't figure it out my dad might have to just get me dial-up while the rest of my family uses cable. Thanks.

have you got norton internet security? if so disable the firewall and give it a go with the firewall disabled, it was not letting me connect to the school network, i disabled it and it worked fine, i use the windows firewall and although it is not great it is ok untill i can configure the norton to let me use the networks, dunno if it will work, but it worked with me.

Roadrunner?????, I though that was only avalible in western new york USa, humm, i have got roarunner to., your modem card my be f-ed up

I actually do have norton, but I tried deleting it, and for some reason it only lets me delete certain files and the rest it'll say they are either write-protected or in use, so maybe I'll try using that add-remove programs thing in the control panel. Thanks for the advice so far.

Actally i couldn't do the samething on this computer but i didn't find a way out until i reformated.... i think it maybe have to do someting with your settings

dont delete it, just disable the firewall, you open up the main screen and it gives you the status and settings, click on the personal firewall and press turn off, you still want the antivirus and other things.

Well I just went to add/remove programs and got rid of everything related to norton and I still can't get online. Anyone else have some suggestions?

Well if NOTHING will work reformat IT YOUR RISK because the exact samething happen though i could get on the net on my other computer but before i reformated this one is tryed reinstalling drivers but it did nothing

Well I've never reformatted before so I'm not 100% sure what to do. Do you back up all your files or something and go to format or whatever and hen just re-install all th drivers and stuff?

Well yea back-up all your important files and documents on to some kind of removeable media EG: DVD-R

Back
Top Bottom