New Computer Up (AMD ZEN)

DarkBlade1

BSOD
Ok guys and gals, my new PC is up and running. I have only one slight problem. My second 6800Ultra card is running really hot (not GPU core but Ambient temps are at 120 Celcius!!!) The reason is that my two Leadteks have such large cooling, they are smooshed together in SLi Setup, and I had to remove the back copper heatsink from the lower card because it was just too much! I think I am going to get a PCI fan and see what that does to lower the temps, it should help. I think the temps are effecting its performance. since I cannot run 3DMark03 or AquaMark without it freezing up the whole PC. Get back to you later with updates. CYA until then! :D

alvino said:
LOL Yeah, Leadtek 6800's have really big copper heatsink/ fans.

Yeah, just a wee bit too big.... nice cooling, but too large for SLi setup. I might need to return them for the XFX 6800GTs instead, which are just as well rated. It is the temps... My AMBIENT temp on card 2 was at 110 celcius!!! I need to cool it down, but it is hard since the cards are so cramped. I could liquid cool the top card so its huge heatsink didn't bash into the back of card two and blow HOT air on it, but then my RAM would overheat without the heatsink on it, and the waterblock only covers the GPU core, not the RAMDACS.

What about water coolin em, i thought u did water colin anyways!!!! That would help alot!!

AMD ZEN said:
Yeah, just a wee bit too big.... nice cooling, but too large for SLi setup. I might need to return them for the XFX 6800GTs instead, which are just as well rated. It is the temps... My AMBIENT temp on card 2 was at 110 celcius!!! I need to cool it down, but it is hard since the cards are so cramped. I could liquid cool the top card so its huge heatsink didn't bash into the back of card two and blow HOT air on it, but then my RAM would overheat without the heatsink on it, and the waterblock only covers the GPU core, not the RAMDACS.

yeah, too bad the water blocks don't cover the GPU core and the RAMDACs.

Those are inefficient. Water cooling on the CPU is great, but not on the GPUs. Besides, I only have one water block. They are pretty good now (I put two PCI slot fans on either end of the, and then two (2) 120mm fans blowing on them. TEMPS ARE 43 core/60-70 ambient. I am fine now, and they are running nicely.

I scored 18,888 on 3DMark03!!! I got 65.592 on Aquamark3 as well! Haven't goten 3DMark05 yet, so we will have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom