Intel is not going to build a 64-bit processor

Even though I hate to admit this, nobody has trademarked 64-bit processors. AMD has trademarked their own 64-bit processor, but that doesn't mean it has trademarked the 64-bit code.

There is no need for name calling if you would like to tear people down in order to build yourself up I can recommend a few other forums where you can have at it.

the idea of running 64 bit code has been around for years but now as 32 bit is reaching its peek intel and amd are making the move, nobdy owns the 64 bit arcitecture but amd does have patents but only on there core , all intell will do is layout som transisters another way round and use a different socekt and thel be fine

plague said:
If intel were to build a 64-bit processor for a PC then they would have pay AMD to use their copyright,(AMD has copyrighted the 64-bit processor) and Intell would never pay AMD. So the only thing Intel can do is build a duel 32-bit processor to fit into one CPU, and I do not think they are going to do that. They might as well come up with a 128-bit processor.(that would be cool) But on the other hand they might if longhorn only supports 64-bit processors. It is a complicated issue.
Haha - you have problems :D

Xeons are 64-bit. Itaniums are pure 64-bit, and won't run 32-bit Applications. Pentiums with EM64T are 64-bit. You can't copyright a technology generally - especially not when you did not invent it.

It would appear you are Zen in disguise - you both have voices in your heads telling you crazy things.

Read around a bit people. Inter has there VIIV coming out soon enough, and its a 64-bit processor. I believe it may be released just after the 64-bit OS is put out.

Back
Top Bottom