New computer - i need help

joedrinks1981

Solid State Member
Hows it going everybody?
I just bought a new computer from ibuypower.com and i chose to buy it without XP installed because i can get it cheaper at a computer show. Heres my question:
I began to install XP professional. I had to change my bios in order for it to boot from the CDrom rather than the floppy drive. The begining of the installation goes fine, Then i come to a screen that asks: 1. to load windows on this partition, 2. to create a new partition, or 3. to delete a partition. The menu of partitions all say Unknown disk.
So i chose to load windows on this partition. Then a blue screen error message comes up and says i may have to change bios to allow or disallow caching and shadowing.
I really dont know what to do...please help.

Stay well,
joe

i dont want to sound stupid, but i have no idea how to do that. How would i do it considering i dont have windows installed yet?
Thanks

ok, reinstall, and choose to create a new partition then install there, cuz i think windows needs a small partition to install in the first place

ok thanks, i'll try that and get back to you. I assume i have to create a partition with the windows cd in, correct?
thanks,
joe

Ok, i restarted it with XP in the drive and then it gets to a screen where it says: "to install XP on this partition, press enter" "to create a new partition, press C" I pressed c and nothing happens. I really dont know what else to do. Someone please help.
Joe

yer press d,enter,L,Enter i think thats it anyway it will delete your ols version of windows or what eva then press enter when done that then it will start to 4mat its easy.

1.start computer.

2. Put XP disk in

3.Wait for it to load.

4.at the partioning screen press D to delete it and then follow.

5.It will then say New Parsion

6.Press Enter and then it will start to 4mat.

7.It will go to 100% then do another % screen.

8.Once done that it will start do set things up with a blue screen.

9. It will then ask your name, then your XP Number.

10. Wait then do that then you will have XP.

11. Disconnect your internet and install any virus proction you have.

Ok, i tried doing all that was told to me. I figured out part of the problem....it was not recognizing my HD. Somehow, i went into BIOS and i was able to enable it at my primary master drive and it showed up as WD800....... Anyways, now my computer recognizes my HD, but i no longer have my DVD-RW/CD rom as an option in BIOS to switch to make it boot up first instead of my Floppy disk. I have no idea where it went or how to get it back.
PLEASE HELP!!! I know there has to be someone on this board that knows something about BIOS.
Thanks,
Joe

Back
Top Bottom