Vantec PCI Fan Card

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
I just got one of these and i put it in the PCI slot next to my AGP video card and i turned on the computer, but all it did was light up and the comp turned off. I took it out, and the comp turned on. I put it back and it didn't. I am confused, does anyone have any experience with these??/

thanks

maybe it's touching somethign else on the mobo...i dont think it could be drawing too much power but it might

do you have another computer you can put it in and see if it has the same problem?

if it does i'd return it cause it dosent work.

can it be becaue of the power supply pin that im plugging it into might not be able to supply enough power?

list your systems specs and any additions (i.e- pci cards, fans, video cards, etc.) then tell us your power supply

ok here it goes

(Nothing is OCd)

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz Prescott Core
Intel 875PBZ
1GB Corsair XMS Extreme Series
Aspire 520W 12V Black Triple Fan Aluminum Power Supply
Windows Home
NEC 4X DVD+-Burner and LG 16X DVD Rom
WD 160GB SATA
Nvidia 5200
1 AGP SLot and 5 PCI slots
currently using 5 of the 8 available 4-pin connectors on the power supply and one of the 2 availabe floppy connectors

if you need any more info let me know

oh yeah, and the only thing i did before installing the card for the first time was i moved the sound card from its original postition because it was right next to the agp and it was pretty pointless to put the vantec anywhere else. so i took out the sound card and moved it over 2 slots and i installed the vanctec

just now, i plugged it into a different power supply 4-pin connector and i held it in my hand and it worked!!!, but then after turning it off and putting it into the pci slot, my computer didn't turn on!!!!!

Nayby that pci slot doesnt work. Your psu is HOT, i am going to get it, lol. But yea. Does anything else work in that pci slot?

Back
Top Bottom