AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD ZEN said:
He said for all we know.... Are you God? You don't know the future, so don't even try to use current statistics to say Apple isn't going to come back. You just have your little bias and go cry in the corner ok? :D

No, I'm the next thing to god.. I'm an economist. :D J/K

But seriously, I'm looking at current market based projections and company based statistical projections, present supply and demand growth curves, and factorized projected growth in their market share (final growth). So basically I know more then you do. Apple isn't going to come back in computers because of lack of understanding that deregulating works.. the act of allowing third parties to create Apple machines..

They have other things.. like the Ipod that is doing fine. But their personal computing market is in that doldrums.

What if Apple invents a brand new processor that is capable of running at TeraHertz levels and is Ultrascalar or uses Vectorscaling? What if..... You can't attack a what if, so give it a rest. I hope Apple does come back in the future. They are already doing EXTREMELY WELL with their mini Mac and iPod sales. The miniMac has A LOT of publicity, and is a very fair price. If they keep up this good work, they might hold some more of the market in a few years down the road.

Apple doesn't even makes it own processors, numbskull. And nor does Apple have the R&D allocated to its computing markets (most of it is on personal music. Apple won't come back in the near future based on present market sales. Furthermore, the Ipod is doing good in the market place. The Mini Mac is NOT! It has already proved to be a total flop. It has received a lot of publicity.. but so has Dell. Based on current statistical and economic based projections, Apple will continue to be below 3% of the market at least, whether that be internationally and/or the United States.

Sorry. You just got PWNED.

AMD ZEN said:
He said for all we know.... Are you God? You don't know the future, so don't even try to use current statistics to say Apple isn't going to come back. You just have your little bias and go cry in the corner ok? :D

What if Apple invents a brand new processor that is capable of running at TeraHertz levels and is Ultrascalar or uses Vectorscaling? What if..... You can't attack a what if, so give it a rest. I hope Apple does come back in the future. They are already doing EXTREMELY WELL with their mini Mac and iPod sales. The miniMac has A LOT of publicity, and is a very fair price. If they keep up this good work, they might hold some more of the market in a few years down the road.
He has Sun Tzu's Time Machine! He knows all!

A lot of publicity doesn't mean something is going to be good; the Mini Mac is not going to be used by anybody that isn't already using a Mac - even if it is its not going to get many because PCs are that small also, and not Mac. Apple's Sales barely make up the Profit of Microsoft's Server and Tools Section, which is a small one. And Mac Sales aren't much more than MSN makes.

Steve Jobs would need to have that Time Machine to do that to Apple; because he'd need technology that is well in the future.

AMD ZEN said:
Well, AMD is continuing on their Si3 path and adding SiO2 to aid in higher clocks. They are using a new purification process to aid in this as well. Let's put it this way Lord K, AMD Athlon64 Toldeo's will use only 82watts for dual core. 130 is enormous when you compare, and the Cell will use 130 watts because it uses 9 (NINE!!) cores LK!! HELLO?!?!? 9 cores versus 2!! 2 cores using the same as 9, that is a big difference.
Yeah; I wasn't pointing out the Cell was bad because of that. I'm saying if IBM believe it can be air cooled in the compact case of a Playstation 3 (compared to that of the case a Smithfield EE would be in), then there're no problems for Intel over the cooling.

No comments on your Silicon-8 theory? :D

AMD ZEN said:
I agree. Lord K is stuck on Intel. He will die off just like Intel will eventually if AMD keeps this slaughter going. AMD has already taken back 10% of the computer market, and is still quickly aquiring more. Intel is in deep trouble, and with the prereviews on their new 6xx and 7xx P4 Extreme Editions, it is looking even worse then excected for the crippled Intel.. We will see what happens.
If, you point it out brilliantly. ...like Intel will if AMD keeps this slaughter going... AMD's 'slaughtering' of course in the vaguest sense of the Word is based on AMD keeping up profit and on them having processors that work games 10-20% better than Intel's. They've had this for a little while now out of pure luck but like all the major tech markets while neither will kill the other (although we can wish) they will equal out as always and AMD can't function in its current fashion like that.

Giancarlo said:

But seriously, I'm looking at current market based projections and company based statistical projections, present supply and demand growth curves, and factorized projected growth in their market share (final growth). So basically I know more then you do. Apple isn't going to come back in computers because of lack of understanding that deregulating works.. the act of allowing third parties to create Apple machines..

They have other things.. like the Ipod that is doing fine. But their personal computing market is in that doldrums.
Haha; the next thing to go on a scale of irregularity and random decision.

Where were your economic theories when AMD popped into the Processor Market and according to yuo took dominance? Things don't always work on factorisable growth and market share growth. You might as well be studying Divinity - you'd have as much chance working out what's going to happen. Economists are like Historians except not so interesting - they can only tell us what happened and give us advise on what not to do.

Giancarlo said:
Apple doesn't even makes it own processors, numbskull. And nor does Apple have the R&D allocated to its computing markets (most of it is on personal music. Apple won't come back in the near future based on present market sales. Furthermore, the Ipod is doing good in the market place. The Mini Mac is NOT! It has already proved to be a total flop. It has received a lot of publicity.. but so has Dell. Based on current statistical and economic based projections, Apple will continue to be below 3% of the market at least, whether that be internationally and/or the United States.

Haha; you can't compare Dell and Mini Mac :D

When are people going to realise that is not a word?

Giancarlo said:

Your right, IBM currently makes the G5 for Apple. You are not God, you don't know what will happen in the future, and no number values or statistics can accurately tell that. Did you read the article? MAC still accounts for the largest profit in Apple Computer Corp. You would be silly to think that the miniMac is a flop. It is a unique, good looking, and economic "computer". If you don't think so, that is your BIAS speaking. I have no bias of Apple, I respect them a lot, but like AMD much more. As far as your reasoning goes.... it is flawed and based on numbers alone. No one predicted Apple's stock would surge (overvalued or not!). And don't compare Dell and Apple. The publicity I meant was not commercials, but on shows. the mini Mac has made 13 appearences on G4TechTV since its debute. Dell has made, 3..... since their start.

"But seriously, I'm looking at current market based projections and company based statistical projections, present supply and demand growth curves, and factorized projected growth in their market share (final growth). So basically I know more then you do. " said Giancarlo.

Well, you said it, you are smarter, but just because you are smarter DOES NOT mean that you are right. Smart people are wrong sometimes too, and you don't know the future.

AMD ZEN said:
Your right, IBM currently makes the G5 for Apple. You are not God, you don't know what will happen in the future, and no number values or statistics can accurately tell that. Did you read the article? MAC still accounts for the largest profit in Apple Computer Corp. You would be silly to think that the miniMac is a flop. It is a unique, good looking, and economic "computer". If you don't think so, that is your BIAS speaking. I have no bias of Apple, I respect them a lot, but like AMD much more. As far as your reasoning goes.... it is flawed and based on numbers alone. No one predicted Apple's stock would surge (overvalued or not!). And don't compare Dell and Apple. The publicity I meant was not commercials, but on shows. the mini Mac has made 13 appearences on G4TechTV since its debute. Dell has made, 3..... since their start.
The MiniMac is a flop :D If you don't care about the size, which most don't, a PC only 4 times the volume from someone like Dell or HP or Gateway will cost less in general, with more difference as you attempt to buy more power for the MiniMac. Not only that - but the MiniMac comes with nothing. To fit it out to reasonable standards it costs up to $1,300 apparently, generally $900-1,100, and still not Keyboard, Mouse or Monitor. not only that but its a bloody G4 :D

How is Giancarlo biased as to what Apple does? It doesn't matter to him what Apple do. It is his opinion and belief. Haha, respecting them a lot is just about the same Bias as that which I hold - for disliking them a lot.

Haha, publicity does not correspond to any kind of good sign. There was massive hype over the release of the original Itanium, it was featured in many places. How good do you think the Itanium is? :D

LK:

Where were your economic theories when AMD popped into the Processor Market and according to yuo took dominance? Things don't always work on factorisable growth and market share growth. You might as well be studying Divinity - you'd have as much chance working out what's going to happen. Economists are like Historians except not so interesting - they can only tell us what happened and give us advise on what not to do.

This quite clearly shows you know nothing about economics. And my theories are just as good as scientific theories. They are what common people would call facts. You don't know shit about them apparently. Things always work on this basis, with a few glitches of course.. but all in all it all works. You just don't know anything about the facts and you don't understand where this market is going. To understand the future, you need to have a grasp of the present. And that's something you will never get a hold of because you are blinded.

AMD ZEN:

Did you read the article? MAC still accounts for the largest profit in Apple Computer Corp. You would be silly to think that the miniMac is a flop. It is a unique, good looking, and economic "computer". If you don't think so, that is your BIAS speaking. I have no bias of Apple, I respect them a lot, but like AMD much more. As far as your reasoning goes.... it is flawed and based on numbers alone. No one predicted Apple's stock would surge (overvalued or not!). And don't compare Dell and Apple. The publicity I meant was not commercials, but on shows. the mini Mac has made 13 appearences on G4TechTV since its debute. Dell has made, 3..... since their start.

For one you need to get your facts right about me and what I said. I never did say the Mac didn't account for the largest profit in Apple. What I did say is the IPod is the only market based success that Apple is having. So can you shut up and stop trying to be a know-it-all. The mini-Mac is uneconomical, it is not good looking (there are better PC based form factors that look nicer). My reasoning is not flawed, your entire argument is flawed... fatally flawed at that fact. No one predicted Apple's stock would surge? What the hell is a stock anyways? Answer that. It is the speculation of paper. It does indicate actual company performance. Apple is overvalued by 6 fold. So please give me a break. The mini-Mac is a joke. And as LK, it has crappy components and to get it up to reasonable status you need to spend at least $1,000 on it.

Well, you said it, you are smarter, but just because you are smarter DOES NOT mean that you are right. Smart people are wrong sometimes too, and you don't know the future.

Give me a damn break for the last time. I very much do have this right. After people read the fine print under the $499 or $599 for the mini-Mac they won't buy it. Why? Because Apple is lying. Apple lied because you need to buy even more components to get the damn thing working. How is that smart? I can make reasonable, applicable projections based on the present for the future. Just like how I said Enron was a bad idea because of its inflated stock, before it collapsed. I made the prediction that there may be a huge earthquake after the 9.0 off the coast of New Zealand several days before the huge one struck South East Asia. I made the prediction that Bush would win the electoral college 291-246.. he won 286-252 (if I remember right). Apparently, my numbers are typically right and my predictions are typically right. I predict the Iraqi election would go with minimal bloodshed, and it did. must I go further?

Giancarlo said:
This quite clearly shows you know nothing about economics. And my theories are just as good as scientific theories. They are what common people would call facts. You don't know shit about them apparently. Things always work on this basis, with a few glitches of course.. but all in all it all works. You just don't know anything about the facts and you don't understand where this market is going. To understand the future, you need to have a grasp of the present. And that's something you will never get a hold of because you are blinded.
We can all hope :D

Facts are not facts until they have happened and are proven. Scientific theories are based on facts and proofs and hence can be used as facts but Economic Theories are based on facts and guesswork and are only vaguely Educated Guesses, the natural evolution of looking into Tea Leaves, or randomly picking a card and saying thats going to happen.

Luckily again for me I don't want to understand the future. The future is the future and until its the present nobody will know what will happen in it. As was brilliantly put in the Matrix - nobody can look beyond a decision they do not understand. We live in the present and again boring from great works of Fiction all we can do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us. Plans are fine - but guessing what is going to happen based on personal opinion and bias is not going to make good plans. Sauron for instance; looks into the future and sees Aragorn using the Ring to take power for himself. He uses biases to do this - not considering the destruction of the Ring because that would seem stupid to him.

The future does not need to be looked into. We will know in all due time what will happen.

Giancarlo said:
...Just like how I said Enron was a bad idea because of its inflated stock, before it collapsed. I made the prediction that there may be a huge earthquake after the 9.0 off the coast of New Zealand several days before the huge one struck South East Asia. I made the prediction that Bush would win the electoral college 291-246.. he won 286-252 (if I remember right). Apparently, my numbers are typically right and my predictions are typically right. I predict the Iraqi election would go with minimal bloodshed, and it did. must I go further?
Haha, Stock is a dreadful idea anyway. Its just another way for people to cheat and gain money by doing nothing but playing their luck. New Zealand and the Indian Ocean are quite a distance from either other :D It just means your luck is over due to run out. ;)

My friend and I both bough laptops equal in everything, except mine has a Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8, his a pentium 4 2.8, and his performance is horrible. Mine runs amazing, playing whatever I need, never freezing or having any problems. AMD blows Intel away. Intel is just a more commercial company, therefore people usually think that intel is the best, always seeing there advertisements and such. Hell, even I thought so. Then I started going with AMD, and I must say, I won't go back to Intel unless I saw a big change. Oh, and you get so much more for your money with AMD.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Facts are not facts until they have happened and are proven. Scientific theories are based on facts and proofs and hence can be used as facts but Economic Theories are based on facts and guesswork and are only vaguely Educated Guesses, the natural evolution of looking into Tea Leaves, or randomly picking a card and saying thats going to happen.

Scientific theories are based on facts and proofs, being tested by the scientific method. Just as economic theories have been (tested by time and work). They are not vaguely educated guesses. Stop being stupid. Thank you in advance.

Luckily again for me I don't want to understand the future. The future is the future and until its the present nobody will know what will happen in it. As was brilliantly put in the Matrix - nobody can look beyond a decision they do not understand. We live in the present and again boring from great works of Fiction all we can do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us. Plans are fine - but guessing what is going to happen based on personal opinion and bias is not going to make good plans. Sauron for instance; looks into the future and sees Aragorn using the Ring to take power for himself. He uses biases to do this - not considering the destruction of the Ring because that would seem stupid to him.

Again you are making false claims and you must be called up on it. I think therefore I am, therefore there is no such thing as what was in the Matrix. You do not understand much because you cannot grasp the facts, let alone reality. I must ask you, quoting Richard Cheney, to go fuck yourself and stop trying to question my personal philosophy. You will never question my philosophy because I stand strong without letting up. You will not assault my beliefs have you done so in such a vicious manner. I have vision. You do not. I have a workable plan of liquidity, you do not. I have a workable plan of growth, you do not. I have a workable plan for the people, you do not. You must stop assaulting the people and thinking they are idiots.

[/color]
Haha, Stock is a dreadful idea anyway. Its just another way for people to cheat and gain money by doing nothing but playing their luck. New Zealand and the Indian Ocean are quite a distance from either other :D It just means your luck is over due to run out. ;)

Only a fool would say stock is a dreadful idea. It is not cheating. It is called investing. I have invested in stocks. Call me a cheater and I'll break your jaw.

Giancarlo said:
Scientific theories are based on facts and proofs, being tested by the scientific method. Just as economic theories have been (tested by time and work). They are not vaguely educated guesses. Stop being stupid. Thank you in advance.
You can't prove something that won't happen until the future, especially considering Back to the Future is a Film and you have personally said that you do not know where Sun Tzu's Time Machine is.

Giancarlo said:
Again you are making false claims and you must be called up on it. I think therefore I am, therefore there is no such thing as what was in the Matrix. You do not understand much because you cannot grasp the facts, let alone reality. I must ask you, quoting Richard Cheney, to go fuck yourself and stop trying to question my personal philosophy. You will never question my philosophy because I stand strong without letting up. You will not assault my beliefs have you done so in such a vicious manner. I have vision. You do not. I have a workable plan of liquidity, you do not. I have a workable plan of growth, you do not. I have a workable plan for the people, you do not. You must stop assaulting the people and thinking they are idiots.
If you think; it makes sense that you are however thinking, and existing, don't count for looking into the future because you're thinking and existing only in the present. We can only plan for the future, we cannot guess the future and while it is possible to work out what's going to happen - its still guess work. People have been predicting the weather for thousands of years. They still don't get it right all the time even with Super Computers.

Haha - I am doing none of those things of course short of questionning your personal philosophy. Which you are doing to me anyway so that doesn't really count :D

Giancarlo said:
Only a fool would say stock is a dreadful idea. It is not cheating. It is called investing. I have invested in stocks. Call me a cheater and I'll break your jaw.
Stock investing is cheating; on both accounts. The company taking your money is taking it to help themselves; and doesn't care whether you take it back or not. You aren't planning on investing to help the company - but to help yourself to the companies gains. You did nothing to help the company yet you put money in and take it out at profit to yourself for no intelligence, no effort, and no challenge at all. If that's not cheating - then its thieving. Eitherway you eventually take profit from a company and its not right - if they live off it its a way for lazy people to make money without doing anything. Just another part of Capitalism which favours the cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom