laptop

siggy

Baseband Member
Hello I'm a newbie on this forum It looks quite nice like a country pub so far and i'll probably stick me nose into several doors till I find the snug
to drink me ale

Anyway to the matter in hand a laptop HP pavillion n3438

has been dropped and is apparently toast

how easier is it to get the bits to get it running or do I go for new parts.....already have a replacement via insurance this is for me to play with..................any help tia

When I switch it on it comes up with a white screen which says it is downloading to disc then shuts down and bleeps so it seems the screen could be ok....

Sounds like ur from england with ur ale and pub!!!! anyway welcome to the forum, does this laptop still have a warranty, coz i'm sure u could send it back and just say it went like that!!

Ard NO NO warranty and yes I am from the greatest country God Created i.e. the UK but I won't bragg ;)

yes, you need to worry about the hard drive, and any cd drives on the computer too, being dropped will almost certainly damage them

Good old u.k.!!!! U shud worry that all connections to ur mobo r still in place!!! and that the harddrive isn't damaged-u could probably replace this!

after taking it apart and checking the harddisk and ram etc it seems to work it bleeps three time then starts Me on safe mode

do I format and reload any ideas????

Back
Top Bottom