Non-Contributers

Cx

Daemon Poster
Non-Contributers:
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of people post just to get that one more post on their counter. Yeah I think comments are good, but they're used excessively. It really clutters the forum and is really useless. Five people in a row posting "lol", "cool", "nice" or something along them lines doesn't really help this community. It just wastes time and space and the server's bandwidth.
(however small it is, it's still a waste of system resources)

I don't want to get at odd ends with anybody so I won't name any names, but the people that do it, know who you are.

I think it'd be nice if mods moderated forums for junk and deleted it as found. I know it might bring down some people's post number, and they might leave, but if all you care about is the number of times you've typed in "lol" I don't think you're a good contributer.

That's just my two cents worth.

RewtGuy said:
Non-Contributers:
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of people post just to get that one more post on their counter. Yeah I think comments are good, but they're used excessively. It really clutters the forum and is really useless. Five people in a row posting "lol", "cool", "nice" or something along them lines doesn't really help this community. It just wastes time and space and the server's bandwidth.

I don't want to get at odd ends with anybody so I won't name any names, but the people that do it, know who you are.

I think it'd be nice if mods moderated forums for junk and deleted it as found. I know it might bring down some people's post number, and they might leave, but if all you care about is the number of times you've typed in "lol" I don't think you're a good contributer.

Totally agree; that's probably the best thing I've read in this place for months.

Makes sense though; this place has just hit 100,000 posts, which is a big number for any forum. Maybe a tightening up of the spamming rules is necessary to ensure that when CF hits 200,000, we can all be sure that each one of those posts was of good contribution to the forum and its members, and not just a users post count?

Yea i really dislike when a thread is solved people actually have conversations in the forum after all is done w/ the help or question thats why i get there AIM sn or msn

RewtGuy said:
Non-Contributers:

Well, let me tell you about : The Mega City Here OF CF...
1st of all you have a good point, but in all reality, that is what the Social Lounge is for, not spamming, but have a good time here at the site.

Amagine this forum with no: LOL's or HAHAHA or ROFLMAO !!

What your left with is a hum drum, boring, bootcamp of a forum..
Forum's are not only for learning stuff/and Answering questions, but if i had it my way, i would leave thing's just like they are.

Cuz you know what, that is why this forum is so popular, and unique people from all over, come here to learn & have a good time...Lol

And that my friend is my 2-cents....;)

I have to agree with Mr. Mixx. Most of our members; certainly all the ones on here often, post great posts and post lols, hahas and yayas.

Sometimes they're on their own, sometimes you'll get 30 of them back to back :D But in all many people enjoy this forum purely for their ability to do that and discuss what they want.

Many threads have the speed of an MSN Conversation it has to be said - but also many of them aren't tiny bits everytime - they're often huge chunks of text written fast and for a good purpose. Giancarlo, Zen, myself and many others often do this - just because its done fast doesn't mean its not of importance or long.

totally agree with you and jack22 just proved how stupid it is all this "lol" rubbish

Back
Top Bottom