Laptop Problems

craziness1621

Baseband Member
I've had my laptop for about a year. its a Compaq Presario 2100 series. (yes compaq i know sux) but ne way. I have been havin problems wit it for a few months. While im on it doing stuff..if the hd is running processing or cpu is it shuts down in the middle of everything. I had windows xp home (factory image) then i did a clean install of windows xp pro. Still didn't fix the problem. Then i did a Windows 2000 clean install. It still shut down. Tonight i was tryin to put Linux on it and its shutting down. Note, my ac adapter is bad, so i got a new one…but i don't think that is the problem. Could it be that the processor is overheating and shutting down? Any ideas? Also anyone else ever heard of those problems? Or know how to fix it? Thanks for your time.

My first assumption would be power related problems. If it was heat, I think it would just lock up...

Does it lock up before it shuts down, or just in the middle of thinking?

well right now im tryin to reinstall factory restore, but in the middle of that it jus completely shuts down..no freezing...the screen goes black and everything stops running and doesn't restart.

Back
Top Bottom