Built Own Computer, but Monitor wont work for bios Setup

petern61

Beta member
Hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me find out why i can't get my monitor to work so i can use bios to set up my computer. This is what i have in it:

-Gigabit Pentium 4 Titan GT Series GA-8IPE775 (motherboard)
-Pentium 4 3.0 GHz HT (LGA775) - for 925X or 915 express chipsets
-Sapphire Radion 256
-80 hard drive
-DVD drive
-650w power supply

I had some personal friends help me put this together. all the connections are correct but i can't seem to get the monitor to work so i can go ahead and work with the bios. My roommate through my video card into his computer and the video card works and when i turn my computer on everything seems to be working (fan on video card, cpu fan/heatsink thing, power supply, back and front fan ). I was told by the guys who helped me put together my case that it might be a bad cpu? Let me know if anyone has an idea what might be wrong. did i purchase the wrong cpu for the motherboard?

Thanks

Petern61

That may be a possibility but be sure to check and see if your motherboard isn't grounding out on the case. That may be the issue as well.

be sure its not you monitor, i had that problem, i thought it was the vid card, ram, something i did wrong, but it ended up being my monitor. when i plugged it in it would flick on for like a tenth of a second then nothing.

Monitor not working for bios

As far as i can tell. the pegs i have lifting my motherboard off the case are keeping it from touching metal.

The monitor also works with my other computer so i don't think it's the monitor. I actually can't get the monitor to do anything like flicker, or have the on light turn from orange to the on/working green color.

I'm trying to get ahold of the seller how sold me all the components (zipzoomfly) to see if they might know.

I'm thinking its either the motherboard or cpu for now.

If there is any more info please let me know.

Thanks

Petern61

Are you sure you have both the 4 pin and 20 pin connectors on the board plugged in? Sometimes the 4 pin is left out :p

all power connectors or connected. The 4 pin and larger one are all in. but thank you for the idea. the first time i tryed turning it on and it didn't work i realized that the 4 pin wasn't in all the way but now it is.

it can be anything, this mainly is due to cables being wrong way, motherboard jumpers not set, you just being stupid! :D

Oh yeh, TIP: Remove all extra hardware and cables.

HDD, CD/DVD, FLOPPY, MEMORY

Then try it without that stuff, then.. memory back in.. and the rest. The pc wil boot up with mobo, cpu. If it doesnt somethings screwed.

Back
Top Bottom