Need help

nick_w

In Runtime
when ever i click on an icon on the desktop photoshop always opens up except when i click on the explorer icon. has anyone had this problem before if so how do you fix it?

done a online virus scan this is what came up

C:\WINDOWS\mmwork.exe is infected with Download.Adware

C:\WINDOWS\system32\59kd53fg.exe is infected with Adware.FavoriteMan

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HyperLinker3.exe is infected with SecurityRisk.Downldr

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lmf32v.dll is infected with SecurityRisk.Downldr

C:\WINDOWS\system32\prutmct.exe is infected with Spyware.e2give

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\AdStatServX.dll is infected with Adware.WinTaskAd

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\mm63.ocx is infected with Download.Adware
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\WinFormX.dll is infected with Packed.Adware
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\YSBactivex.dll is infected with Adware.Istbar
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\bpt.cfg is infected with Adware.BroadcastPC.B

Delete those, and that may fix it. I am moving this thread to Computer Area, social lounge isn't for this. You will get more help in Comp area. Get SPyBot S&D as well, and Microsoft AntiSpyware.

What Anti-Virus are you running? I think it is a pretty safe assumption to say that your computers infected! Well if it can tell you whats infected it should be able to quarintine and clean it out so after that you shouldn't have a problem although you dont know if spyware or adaware or viruses are the problem although they probably are and "e2give" look it up on google e2give the website states

"By joining the e2give network, you will make your purchases on the Internet count!! e2give is one of the leading providers of electronic charitable giving solutions and has created an extensive network of partners.
Please check out our About page or our FAQs to learn more about e2give and how we are revolutionizing charitable giving.

e2give has partnered with the leading internet companies in the world! If you'd like to partner with us, please let us know!"

I dotn know if its adaware or not but if your scan says it i would trust it.

i have spybot search and destroy but i cant use it because when i click on the icon photoshop comes up im using norton anti virus 2003. cant use that either 2 check whats rong with it. and yes the online virus detection that i am infected

How big is your hard drive and is it partitioned? You might want to try and reformat if its an option to you and try and backup what you can and find out how you picked up these viruses and spyware. I myself am paranoid and use Adaware SE Personal, Spybot S&D, and Microsoft's Beta Antispyware EVERYDAY. and once a week I run Zonealarm Security Suites Virus scan. If you have a bootable disc of Windows you should seriously consider reformatting. And what I would do instead of Using the built-in System Restore which isnt that great is purchase Norton GoBack which is a great tool for reverting your hard drive to an earlier time.
Tell me how it works out.

thanks Computergen just reformated my comp. just wondering what antivirus and security program do you recommend to other people?

I myself for maintenence use ZoneAlarm Security Suite 5.5.062.004 which is $70.00 for a good firewall and Anti-Virus and all the Anti-Spyware and Adaware tools I mentioned Above. All of those combined help out alot in making sure your computer is safe. Glad to see you were able to reformat and hopefully you didn't lose any important data.

Back
Top Bottom