DOOM3 acting funny please read!!!!!

crayzboost

In Runtime
I cant seem to figure out whats going on so ill try to list what i did to my comp in order.

1st - installed H-L2 with my old vid card in (nvidia Geforce fx5200 ultra) it worked fine.

2nd - installed doom3 with my old vid card. it worked fine on medium quality.

3rd - installed my new BFG Geforce 6800oc and did a clean install with driver cleaner pro as per instructions. played both games worked awsome.

4th - downloaded riva turner and unlocked all pipelines now i have 16. played both games and didint really notice a difference in performance.

5th - installed 3dmark05 and benchmarked (score3616) then played both games and they worked fine.

6th - popped out the smaller stick of ram and just left in the 512mb stick. played both games and were a little choppy but benchmarked it again and got a higher score(3665)

7th - put ram back in tried to play doom 3 and now it looks a little pixelated no matter what quality i run it at.

8th - thinking somehow i messed up my vid card i played H-L2 and it works fine even with stuff turned up.

i tried reinstalling drivers and restarting, nothing, tried moveing ram around, nothing, tried uninstalling then reinstalling doom and nothing.

i dont know what is going on.

sorry for such a long post but i wanted to explain everything i did in the order that i can remember.

any help would be appreciated, thank you

Shit, hope you didn't damage the pixel generator (triange engine) On the 6xxx series nVidia, they put the triange engine on the outer rim of the card along with the RAM. It can get damaged very easily (as was the case with my ASUS EN6600GT card) What I would do is this:

1). Update to DirectX 9.0c if you already haven't

2). Close the pixel pipelines on the card back down.

3). Move your clocks down a little bit.

4). Resit the GPU.

5). Change the RAM slot to the next one down.

6). Reinstall the drivers, and don't use any of them except for the newest ones on nVidia's site.

If this all fails, my fears of the triangle engine may be true (90% chance) Hopefully not, GoodLuck.

How did you unlock your BFG card? WTF?!?! I tried so many times, but I still couldn't get it unlocked.

AMD ZEN said:
Shit, hope you didn't damage the pixel generator (triange engine) On the 6xxx series nVidia, they put the triange engine on the outer rim of the card along with the RAM. It can get damaged very easily (as was the case with my ASUS EN6600GT card) What I would do is this:

1). Update to DirectX 9.0c if you already haven't

2). Close the pixel pipelines on the card back down.

3). Move your clocks down a little bit.

4). Resit the GPU.

5). Change the RAM slot to the next one down.

6). Reinstall the drivers, and don't use any of them except for the newest ones on nVidia's site.

If this all fails, my fears of the triangle engine may be true (90% chance) Hopefully not, GoodLuck.

but zen would damaging the pixel generator mean it would do the same thing in HL-2?

i can play HL-2 with everything turned up no problem and it looks mint.

Back
Top Bottom