What do you think of America?

I said nothing about Germany, AMD ZEN. I was not attacking you so please don't attack me. And lets face it, Italy IS THE OLDEST COUNTRY in Europe after Greece. Roman structures are the most stable ever, and have been around while German tribes were still fighting with each other. Just go to Rome itself.

America is beautiful in its own ways. I love the sight of glassy skyscrapers. I got a thing for big skyscrapers (hence why I love Dubai, U.A.E).

Dubai:

DubaiCreek.JPG

Pretty... maybe Iraq could reach Dubai's status.. afterall, the Emirates were at war with each other just forty years ago..

" but many are in ruins from age, and the ones that are still left standing are very plain"

And apparently you have never been to Italy based on that statement. Many of the structures are still standing. In fact an outstanding amount are. Even after two world wars, they still stand. And are very plain? Are you kidding me?

A lot of Germany's older buildings were damaged in the war...

Giancarlo said:
" but many are in ruins from age, and the ones that are still left standing are very plain"

And apparently you have never been to Italy based on that statement. Many of the structures are still standing. In fact an outstanding amount are. Even after two world wars, they still stand. And are very plain? Are you kidding me?

A lot of Germany's older buildings were damaged in the war...

Umm, you don't think I have gone to Italy when I live in Germany in the summer time? HE HE HE. Yes, I have. I meant a majority of the ancient greek structures have very visable surface damage. Italy is grorgeous, I love Venice and Verona. Here, this is a picture I took of the most beautiful castle in the world, The Fairy Tale Castle of Neuschwanstein, erected by Ludwig II.

Click for the Big Pictures (Warning, they are Huge!)

and Beautiful Munchen (Munich as you may know it)

AMD ZEN said:
Umm, you don't think I have gone to Italy when I live in Germany in the summer time? HE HE HE. Yes, I have. I meant a majority of the ancient greek structures have very visable surface damage. Italy is grorgeous, I love Venice and Verona. Here, this is a picture I took of the most beautiful castle in the world, The Fairy Tale Castle of Neuschwanstein, erected by Ludwig II.

The most beautiful castle in the world is in Spain. :) I can't quite remember what the name of it was, but it was in the central part of Spain near Salamanca.

But what you are trying to tell me is that Italy didn't go through the same time periods as Germany. And you are trying to tell me Italy doesn't have any medieval structures like what Germany has. You're wrong. Italy has a great of medieval structures. In fact, powerful city states made Italy the greatest place in the world.. even though Italy did not attain unification until the 1880s I believe, it has a great deal of Roman, medieval, and renassiance era structures. I believe far more then Germany. I'm not putting down Germany. I've been to Berlin once.. and not much more of the country. But Italy has a lot more to it in my opinion.

Berlin sucks! It is all modern and just like America. Soutern Germany (Bavaria) is GORGEOUS! HERE, HAVE A LOOKSY FROM PHOTOS PAST!

picture0536fm.jpg

picture0705tv.jpg

picture0861rv.jpg

picture0938lu.jpg

BTW, Neuschwanstein is still considered the Fairy Tale Castle, the MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Spain's are gorgeous too, but none are as renowned as Schloss Neuschwanstein. Disney even modelled the Disney Castle from Neuschwanstein.

AMD ZEN said:
BTW, Neuschwanstein is still considered the Fairy Tale Castle, the MOST BEAUTIFUL IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Spain's are gorgeous too, but none are as renowned as Schloss Neuschwanstein. Disney even modelled the Disney Castle from Neuschwanstein.

I respectfully STRONGLY DISAGREE!

Ok, your opinion. It however, is the MOST VISITED Castle in the world, and that is a fact. All the old European countries are GORGEOUS though.. So I think that we can disagree on looks and style, but you do have to admit, Neuschwanstein is pretty. :D

I want to see some proof for that statement. I'm not admitting anything either. I like the Spanish castles. Besides Spain attracts more tourists then any other European country! That's a fact. Tourism is 10% of Spain's GDP.

Back
Top Bottom