pop ups

the funny thing is iv just recently downloaded service pack 2 and now its been comming up and i dnt no im always connected to the net coz i got cable. im just wondering why ad-aware, spybot destroy or Microsoft AntiSpyware hasnt got rid of it?

You've run full scan Microsoft Antispyware, and deleted everything it found; and you're getting popups?

Have you got an Anti-Virus Program?

It is the Windows Messanger Service. I got rid of mine by reseting my modem. Take your modem (after PC is shut off) and unplug it. Then count for 30-40 secs. Then plug it back in. Wait for the lights to restore to normal activity, and then turn on the PC again. It should stop that annoying WM service from coming up.

Windows Messenger doesn't have Popups though?

A Safer way would be to go into Control Panel, Add Remove Programs; Click Program Settings and Defaults and go to Custom. Untick the allow use of Windows Messenger. That will stop it being used.

Although I doubt its the problem.

Are they Explorer Popups or Messenging Popups? You know like, sized boxes with text in with an OK; which make a bing when they come up and look like an Error Box?

i had the windows messenger problem but i fixed that by disabling it in services sot thats fixed. iv had windows messenger 4 ages i dnt thik anything is wrong with it

try using firefox and the adblock feature, also make sure you have an antivirus progran and lavasoft/S&D/windows spyware.

Back
Top Bottom