starting the computer

musicphanatic16

Beta member
hi..i have a 2003 computer..i bought it from a friend...and i think i screwe something up..but everything is connected, monitor,power, and everything..i turn it on..and all the LED's(cd-rom,floppy,power,processing) and every other light outside..goes on...and stays on..it won't send power from the motherboard to the monitor, so i can't change nothing, or more the less get to anything..is there anything i can do? is it a piece of junk? or do i need a new power supply? or what? can anyone tell me what is wrong? and how positive you are? because i'm clueless...but if you could help..that'd be great..thanks!

We need more info like specs and things. Is your monitor completly connected to your pc? Does you monitor have power? Do you hear the beep at the beginning?

re:

the monitor is plugged in, it is getting power from the wall..it has a screen that says it is working properly...i turn it on..no beep...just the cd- rom LED and the power led..stay on..and the fan just runs..nothing happens after that, it just sits there

Hmm, is your cpu in the right way? L0L. I put it in the wrong way once and i was like wtf, start up. Um yeah i don't know what else.

go here
showthread.php

see? instead of worrying about the pc u have now, you should just go buy a nice apple computer and install windows :D jk

how bout you just help me...with what i need...i turned it on...it turns on..but..i think i need a new power supply? or something?

if it has a video card, try taking that out and cleaning it...does it smell funny or anything?

Back
Top Bottom