what should i upgrade??

mourning_w00d

Solid State Member
alright i just got this comp 1-2 months ago. runs smoooth in far cry and everything...with it all tunred up to max at 1600x1200. = ) but i think it could b better....it always could be.... so here's my specs...

amd athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 ghz
western digital 10,000 rpm hd
6800 ultra EVGA
1gig ozc pc4000 low latency
audigy? 5.1 LIVE!
and the mobo is a msi neo2 platinum

ok im thinkin if i save up for awhile...i could get a better cpu, but do u guys think mine is holdin me back any?? its just a thought...i also would like to fill up my last two slots for ram...and that sound card was just to give me sound till i got the one i really wanted....but what do you guys think? in time id love to throw an fx-55 or somethign close to it in there...but tell me what you think. THANX in advance.

I think you have a pretty nice sytem anyway with that 6800 ultra an 3500+, If anything I'd oveclock ur cpu, u may b able to get 2.5ghz out of it!!!! If u save up ur money the only way to go would either be sli and an fx55 or ati x850xt pe with fx55!!! I think u have enuff ram, but that little bit extra cant hurt!

i would leave it just the way it is! unless your a gameing freak then go dual pci-express mobo and get another 6800gt, unless the one you have is agp.

alright i cam eup w/my conclusion. since i have no cash myself (being 16) to buy a new cpu i will wait till x-mas = ). and my ultra is AGP. believe me if i had the cash i would of waited and gotten dual EVERYTHING. hell, why not dual...dual......ummm dual MOUSE! but yea i will upgrade to either an fx-55 or higher...until then i will satisfy myself w/a new sound card. and maybe that last gig of ram....thanks for your suggestions.

=)

m.w00d

Back
Top Bottom