Two ISPs, One Router?

Greymonkey said:
They're a room apart =\

umm you could just use "wireless" using the "ad-hoc" feature to connect them together or you could use the new home networking technology "homeplug" which honestly "and believe me i know" works really really good.

daydreamer said:
umm you could just use "wireless" using the "ad-hoc" feature to connect them together or you could use the new home networking technology "homeplug" which honestly "and believe me i know" works really really good.

no offense but the roter is more simple :d

homeplug is over the powerlines and only acheives a 16mbps speed and is sucepatable to lots fo interferrence from other ac powered devices.

why not buy a second router??? you can also buy a router that has two inputs and 'trunk" it

I don't care about what I have to buy or anything like that just need to know the proper method to get this to work please =) if I bought two routers.. how would that help? Wouldn't they be on different signals or something? What I was thinking was..

Get a 2nd ethernet card and plug an adapter in there for the 2nd computer and then plug my own router up to an ethernet not connected to my modem and.. that should do it yeah? Neither ethernets would be connected to an ISP just to one another and I leave my modem(s) connected to their original ethernet cards?

athlon64fx said:
homeplug is over the powerlines and only acheives a 16mbps speed and is sucepatable to lots fo interferrence from other ac powered devices.

why not buy a second router??? you can also buy a router that has two inputs and 'trunk" it

ummm "sucepatble to lots of interference from other ac powered devices" i have to say you wrong on that one.. yes X10 "homeplug like 8 years ago" had lots of interference... but new homeplug technology that uses a OFDM technology doesn't have ANY interference actually... the only issues is distance and thats why its a "home nework" solution currently... and also homeplug AV will be relased later this year that has speeds up to 200mbps..

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Greymonkey
no offense but the roter is more simple :d
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i didn't mean replace the router.. keep the router for security purposes.. im just talking about networking the 2 computers together.

Greymonkey said:
I don't care about what I have to buy or anything like that just need to know the proper method to get this to work please =) if I bought two routers.. how would that help? Wouldn't they be on different signals or something? What I was thinking was..

Get a 2nd ethernet card and plug an adapter in there for the 2nd computer and then plug my own router up to an ethernet not connected to my modem and.. that should do it yeah? Neither ethernets would be connected to an ISP just to one another and I leave my modem(s) connected to their original ethernet cards?

yes that will work with 2 NICS in each computers...

for example:

COMPUTER 1: 1 NIC going to MODEM.. and 2nd NIC going directly to second computer with a static IP address.

COMPUTER 2: same senario.

and if computers are in different loctions and you don't want to do cable drops.. then that why i said "one the 2nd NIC" hook up either AD-HOC wireless on each NIC.. or use a HomePlug bridge to connect the 2 together.. its pretty simple actually.

Back
Top Bottom