Why is my computer so slow?

Dash1

Baseband Member
Alright, first of all, I'm not sure where to post this because it could be any reason to why computer have become so slow!

I believe I keep my PC "clean" by using AD-aware, Spybot S&D and Spyware Doctor, and do a system defrag. once in a while.

I believe to clear up some more diskspace is not an issue, seeing as I've got over 70% free diskspace by now, and to upgrade windows (XP) does not seem to help either?

But just as I booted up the machine earlier today, and it said that the CPU somehow had been chagned so I had to run the BIOS to adjust the CPU setting (SoftMenu with my Abit mainboard). This has happened a couple of times earlier aswell.

another issue to my problem could be that everytime I run Spybot S&D it keeps finding 18 various spybots, ALL the same ones everytime I run Spybot. well, they do get deleted when I try do do so, but they somehow re-appear every time I switch on my PC...

Hope this can give you a clue to what could be my problem!

No still keep ad-aware just use microsoft anit-spyware as well, i use three on my system, ad aware-spyware doctor and microsoft antispyware beta!!!

hmm, any link s for Microsoft Anti-spyware? When I think over it, it became slow when I was browsing many warez websites for a while (lots of popups) :p

Back
Top Bottom