AMD vs Intel vs Apple (NO FLAMING!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blah blah said:
what kin dof water/liquid is used in water cooling sytems?

Well, usually just water. I have my own secret mix though, the ZEN Potion! I will now reveal this secret formula to you all!

Take Acetone from Chemistry class and add 10% into your mixture.
Take 40% Antifreeze solution (preferrably approved for PCs) and add it.
Add the last 50% water to the solution, and stir vigorously. Then put the solution in the freezer for 4 hours. After that, take it and add the solution into your pump apparatus, and connect everything up. You are good to go!

I know some fans and cooling systems that are just as good as water cooling. Water cooling is very risky.

that would run like grease lighting -30!!!!, and Giancarlo of course water cooling is risky, but AMD_ZEN seems like some1 that could handle the installation and not make any mistakes that would turn his system into a wave pool, i dont think we need to worry, not if i was doing it, CALL 911

AMD ZEN said:
Well, usually just water. I have my own secret mix though, the ZEN Potion! I will now reveal this secret formula to you all!

Take Acetone from Chemistry class and add 10% into your mixture.
Take 40% Antifreeze solution (preferrably approved for PCs) and add it.
Add the last 50% water to the solution, and stir vigorously. Then put the solution in the freezer for 4 hours. After that, take it and add the solution into your pump apparatus, and connect everything up. You are good to go!
How often would you have to do that? :D
AMD ZEN said:
You laugh at the Toldeo why??? It is going to slaughter the stupid VIIV just like the FX-55 slaughters the P4 3.56GHz Extreme Ed. Intel can't hope to win with their Smithfield design, and moron can slap two Pentium4s together and call it dual core, but AMD will be using silicon interconnects to aid in their dual core setup.. Go away with your evil Intel!
There are a good number of pieces of writing on the Smithfields and Toledos and other successive Dual-Core Processors. Few people on any of them seem excited about or pushing for either but when they are they're excited about and pushing for Intel. I doubt you could find one which specifically says the Toledo is any threat to the Smithfield; and while I don't have such the other way around I do have a good number of them commenting on both. On the basis of these; I have determined that I should laugh at the Toledo.

Anandtech have an interesting one about lines
Useful comments on heat from Tom's Hardware
Some details from Tom's Hardware
Anandtech pointing out Intels will be on Desktops this year; AMDs will be only on Servers this year
Relational Information
Probably the best piece of information on the Intel Dual Cores, proving to some who don't believe that they will in practice be Quad-Processors; also a dreadful lot more information in there
And so on... needless to say there is background to my laughter ;)

For the first quarter of 2006, Intel plans to launch its dual-core processor Centrino platform "Napa" for thin and light notebooks. The supporting dual-core Yonah processor is scheduled to start shipping in the fourth quarter of 2005 with a 667 MHz FSB, enhanced power saving features and AMT. By the end of 2006, 50 percent the performance segment of the notebook market will be dominated by dual-cores, Intel said.

Now that sparks my interest. I really really like the Pentium M chip believe it or not. It is well made, low heat, low power consumption, and high powered. With this next series, I will expect some really really good performance. Turion may be neat, but Intel pwns AMD in mobility right now.

Lord Kalthorn said:
How often would you have to do that? :D
There are a good number of pieces of writing on the Smithfields and Toledos and other successive Dual-Core Processors. Few people on any of them seem excited about or pushing for either but when they are they're excited about and pushing for Intel. I doubt you could find one which specifically says the Toledo is any threat to the Smithfield; and while I don't have such the other way around I do have a good number of them commenting on both. On the basis of these; I have determined that I should laugh at the Toledo.

Anandtech have an interesting one about lines
Useful comments on heat from Tom's Hardware
Some details from Tom's Hardware
Anandtech pointing out Intels will be on Desktops this year; AMDs will be only on Servers this year
Relational Information
Probably the best piece of information on the Intel Dual Cores, proving to some who don't believe that they will in practice be Quad-Processors; also a dreadful lot more information in there
And so on... needless to say there is background to my laughter ;)

Interesting posts BTW LK. However, bad news for you... AMD is developing Ultrascalar technology on the Toledo. If you don't know quite what that means, let me explain. Today's superscalar processors rename registers, bypass registers, checkpoint state so that they can recover from speculative execution, check for dependencies, allocate execution units, and access multi-ported register files.

The circuits employed are complex and irregular, requiring much effort and ingenuity to implement well. Furthermore, the delays through many of the circuits grow quadratically with issue width (the maximum number of simultaneously fetched or issued instructions) and window size (the maximum number of instructions within the processor core), making future scaling of today's designs problematic. With billion transistor chips per wafer on the horizon, this scalability barrier appears to be one of the most serious obstacles for high-performance uniprocessors in the next decade.

Surprisingly, it is possible to extract the same instruction-level parallelism (ILP) with a regular circuit structure that has only logarithmic gate delay and linear wire delay (speed-of-light delay) or even sublinear wire delay, depending on how much memory bandwidth is required for the processor. This paper describes a new processor microarchitecture, called the Ultrascalar processor.

AMD is working on the Toledo to be Ultrascalar, and the Egypt core is confirmed to be. The Ultrascalar chips (know as HyperScalar by AMD) will be able to process many many many more times the information in a given binary pattern without extremely high clock rates. AMD will most likely use a 1.6-2.0GHz rating on the HyperScalar series of the Toledo, and the Egypt, upon further development, will implement a 1.8-2.4GHz Hyperscalar core. SMT will also be introduced on the Toledo (Intel calls SMT [simaeltaneous multithreading] Hyperthreading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom