o/c celeron

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok i know AMD_ZEN said before that celerons are too hot as it is but mine is only running at 30 celcius and 34 under high load and im not using any fans except the cpu fan and teh one on my 9800 pro. so i want to know just the low dow dirty way to overclock...its 2.7ghz right now and i just want to fool around with over clocking...i'm only taking it to 3ghz at max and i know thats not alot and dont bother but meh i want to do it anyway. so can you just tell me..i know the jumper on the mobo and then the bios and then you go into the cpu settings but then i dont know from there. also if i burn this one out mommy and daddy will buy me a new one :) and ill tell them AMD so its not really a big deal. ok start posting

I just read that someone OC a celeron to 3.2GHz with stock cooling! They said it was fine.

Hey, he he he.... Why bother? Celerons suck at OCing and so, why do it? You won't see a performance boost at all. A Celeron would have to run at 3.5GHz to see a decent performance increase.

lol no i dont, i plan on keeping this to build a new computer outta the parts i have left when i go all amd and pci-ex and stuff...although i've heard celerons can overclock alot and not fry so we'll see..if i fry it ill be pissed though

AMD ZEN said:
Hey, he he he.... Why bother? Celerons suck at OCing and so, why do it? You won't see a performance boost at all. A Celeron would have to run at 3.5GHz to see a decent performance increase.

AMD_ZEN always on the negative side lol j/kactually while im boosting performance..how do i change ram latency?

anybody? which do i take up first? voltage or fsb or what? or mhz? im all ready to do it but nobody has told me how yet and that site takes too long to find a good page

You cannot lower you CAS without causing stability issues. The CAS is set to its lowest (except on Ballistix with careful tweaking). Don't screw with it, you you will be sorry! I would just wait for the AMD and newer RAM (get Ballistix!!)

Back
Top Bottom