Getting me a deal. Please read. (Stickied for 2 hours)

jack22

Fully Optimized
Getting me a deal. Please read.

Ok i must convince me parents that you can buy parts, build a pc, and resell it for more then you paid for it. Please answer if this is true or not true. Remember, i am talking about not using them, just building and selling. Keep it very clean as i might have to show them this thread. Zen, could you make this a sticky for like 1 day only? Thanks.

Re: Getting me a deal. Please read.

LOL, u parents are lik emine, they believe, no one is ripping them off. When really Dell is making a profit off the retail distributors liek best buy, and then bust buy makes a profit off of you, thus you are losing thousands in the proccess. By building you own computer you can easily find deals on the parts and save tons of money and resell for a huge profit, that STILL beats the price of the a similar system in stores

yea, if you get your parts from newegg, or ssf or a place like that, or mebbe serch froogle for cheap components, which is a good idea with gfx cards, u can build a comp for like 1600 with all the top of the line parts, and an OS, then sell it for like 400-500 profit :)

blah blah said:
LOL, u parents are lik emine, they believe, no one is ripping them off. When really Dell is making a profit off the retail distributors liek best buy, and then bust buy makes a profit off of you, thus you are losing thousands in the proccess. By building you own computer you can easily find deals on the parts and save tons of money and resell for a huge profit, that STILL beats the price of the a similar system in stores
no resell store sells dells, dell only sells comp directly, however compaq and HP rip u off big time

* please stay true to the question directly as i will be showing them this. thank you*

whops, i was trying to flame dell, but i had a mind laspe.......my bad

ACTUALLY COSTCO sells dells, but that was just a fluke, i meant to say hp or compaq liek u corrected me

This could be the closet i could be to getting a buisness and making money......

Is this a joke of a thread? HAHAHH! Of course you can!! I mean, I built my dual 6600GT system for about 2,450 and then got a new printer and speakers as well, so grand total came to 2,700. I resold it for 3,000 dollars (just the tower!) So I made a whopping $550 on it! You can easily make money on systems that you build. Just charge about $400 of software and labor and you are set to go!!

Back
Top Bottom