BFG geforce 6800 oc for free should i keep it?

crayzboost

In Runtime
ok well i just got my hands on a bfg geforce 6800 oc for free from one of my boys that works at a comp store, i am able to return it for store credit if i want should i keep it or should i return it for a better one?

heres a link to it http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-143-020&depa=1

my buddy also told me you can unlock more pipelines and stuff to make it run even faster on guru3d.com with rivatuner. is he correct?

he also told me that there are only two vid cards out that are better than this one. is that true? this one only has 128mb vs the 256 ones i have seen for a like 30 bucks more.

if anyone could give me any input i would appreciate it because i dont have any problem shelling out 30 bucks more for twice the card.

I have the same exact card. It's a very good card, I'll tell you that. But, I haven't been able to unlock the extra pipelines yet. :(

one, yes keep it, 2 ur frend lied when he said there was only 2 cards better, cuz there is the 6800Gt and 6800ULTRA, then the x850 series

What card do you have right now in your computer? Because maybe you can get store credit for something better coming out soon.

trance565 said:
one, yes keep it, 2 ur frend lied when he said there was only 2 cards better, cuz there is the 6800Gt and 6800ULTRA, then the x850 series

Actually only the X850 XT PE beats out the 6800 Ultra. The normal X850 XT is about equivelent to the 6800 Ultra. Don't worry...when nVIDIA comes out with the 6900 (keyword: when), ATI is gonna go down! Or better yet, the 7 series. :D

BanChan said:
What card do you have right now in your computer? Because maybe you can get store credit for something better coming out soon.

the card i have now is in my sig. so i should keep this bad boy? how does it compare to the 256mb version?

alvino have you noticed anything bad when playing games like HL-2 or doom?

Nope. Doom 3 is WONDERFUL! Half-Life 2 works really well, but isn't as smooth as Doom 3 (that's because the Doom 3 graphics engine was designed specifically for nVIDIA, just like how HL2 is designed for ATI).

well if there is a card for 30 bucks more that is a 256, and it works in ur system.....WHY NOT, id pay 30 bucks for a 256mb 6800 ANYDAY OF THE WEEK, heck id pay at least 200

Back
Top Bottom