Favorite Foods

truarabplayer said:
ohh, arabic food is the best, yall wouldnt understand any of the names but, if any of you have tried it roll grape leafs stuffed with rice and meat. omg the best food, i could go on forever. lol

Arabic food is pretty good.. and I'm sorry I didn't mention it in my original post. It definitely is great. Baklava (I don't like the greek kind, but the arabic kind) is excellent. What you mentioned about rice and meat wrapped in grape leafs is very good indeed. Now I'm going to eat at my favorite arab restaurant tomorrow. :)

Have you guys tried this? Buy some of those Shrimp Wonton Cup O' Noodles and empty them into a small pot. Boil it with water until done. Put the sauce packet in them.

Then on the side, prep some spinach, bean sprouts, tofu, and green beans (raw, not cooked). Mix everything together in the wonton soup. If you have rice (optional), put some in your bowl and eat it with the homemade stew. Sooooo good for those who can't cook. Healthy too.

pertaining to the haitian thing, yes i am haitian. PAHTAY is a small biscuit like thing filled with meat or fish, it is made with fillo dough (for americans) or from scratch (for haitians). It really is quite good, but high in fat.

The only people I know that can make Pahtay are my grandma and my older relatives, i guess the recipes are passed down.

Giancarlo said:
How about haggis? From your northern neighbors right? (Haggis is scottish right?) Heheheh...
Haha; erm... I think I'll pass on Hagis.

I've never tried Arabic Food; it looks offputting enough, in fact any kind of foriegn food that isn't Pasta, Pizzas or Rice I don't like :D

Haggis is really nice! i went to scotland last summer and had some up there, it is really nice, i still prefer trout and chinese food though!

pahtay is sort of like pan fried dumplings, except that pahtay is baked, and the layers are like half a milimeter thin and there are lots of layers

AMD ZEN said:
I don't eat that much fast food at all. I love H2O Sushi, it is a sushi bar here in Indy and it PWNS! I love eel rolls and california rolls (the real ones)!

yessssssss... indeed. i love eel. sushi just pwns! espeically las vegas rolls. dude. shrimp in the middle with other goodies, sushi rice and eel on top, with fried tempra on top. emmmmmmmmmm....

Back
Top Bottom