The fall of Microsoft?

heres the LongHorn BG

Longhorn.jpg

Most of the proper Red Hats aren't Free.

Wow, that does look nice and Betary :D Where did you find it? I of course do not however condone such downloads; I would be purely checking out its Betaness. ;)

I got a beta version of Longhorn in the mail for being a subscriber to MSDN.

Haha; yey!

I'll have to get onto FX when I next see her on MSN to put it on her site for us to download again. MSDN is far too expensive for me at the moment :D

It is quite a bit of money (especially for a 15 yeraold...), but I worked all summer to get my subscription! haha!

Haha, most certainly is. I think FX won hers at a conference. Sounds like a good idea though; working all summer for a Subscription.

Operating Systems is $699! [eyes pop out]. That's what... £400 or so, with only like 50 Summer Holiday Days, some more after exams before A2... Its not so much when you think about it I suppose. If I work every day I have, including Saturdays not Sundays then I have to make £10 a day :p

I'll have to look around for a job! Content looks good; I've never really considered an MSDN Subscription or looked at what you get. Pro is just too expensive, and the extra is only legal versions of Visual Studio Pro... which is not hard to download at Enterprise Versions.

It would come in handy. What Package did you get?

fedora

No, it IS free, see link below. It has the Fedore Core GUI implemented therin.

fedora isn't actually developed by red hat, red hat sponsers the fedora project and allowed them to use red hat's last distro for the workstation red hat 9 as the base for fedora. red hat now put all their effort into developing their server software

well Im gonna get action packs instead of technet mabye when my technet expires.

action packs got lots of OS stuff and then they also have office, server, and other tech. its the "cool" thing to get and its pretty new.

msdn will ahve to wait till later or Ill just renew my technet but if possible ill just get action packs

yes it is. I won my technet (not msdn) at a conference and I should be getting the march or april beta, however it was free fo a year and I might renew though. sounds like an awesome deal and comes in handy for my system building company yourdreamsystem.com !!

Back
Top Bottom