Temperature on your video card

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I have a 6600GT PCIe video card and it is reading 50 degrees C right now. Is this normal? What are your temperatures so I can compare? Please reply...Thanks

Yeah thats normal for sucha powerful card, although it could be cooler. my 5700 runs 34c no matter what, but thats a peice of shit!

Hmm, actually, everyone seems confused by the temps on the 6600GT. Mine (before I sold them) ran at 91C and were perfectly stable. If I am not mistaken, the temp thresholds on the 6600GT are 110-145C. They can run very very high. The 6800GT and Ultra can reach temps of 170C if I am not mistaken. The x850XT PE get up to 140C at full load without OCing.

Wow, amazing stats. One time, my 6600GT ran almost 80 degrees!! Since I never paid attention to temperatures of the graphics card, I thought something may be wrong.

That's good to know that they're suppose to run that hot. WHew...A good way to lower that would be an exhaust blower right underneath the card. That way, it won't let the heat build up in that particular area. SInce I have absolutely no room for one, I'll have to deal with the temps spiking 80 degrees or possibly more.

I know this is a thread from the past, but I was wondering what you can use to check the temperature. I'm pretty paranoid about it, and I have a Gigabyte 6600 GT AGP card, and I didn't know how to check the temperature, so I put my wrist on the heatsink. It was hot to the touch! I don't know if this is normal or not, but according to the temperatures you guys are describing, it is okay. At the time, I was experimenting a bit with the V-Tuner II, and had the memory clock at 1050 and the core clock at 500, and was playing Tribes: Vengeance. I popped off the cover of my case and, feeling that the inside as a whole was filled with warm air, put my wrist up to the video card. Everything else is normal, whereas my CPU was running at about 46C and the motherboard was at about 35C... So how can I get something to check for the temperature on my video card?

Thanks!

-Jamxx

right clcik desktop>mosue over display>clck your montiro>look for tempature on the side.

Thanks! I found it, so I'm good now. I can't believe I never noticed that before... Oh well, thanks again!

my MSI 8x agp 6600gt stays at around 42c now that I got the new cooler for it(thermaltake giant III) But thats OC'ed to 600vcore/1200vram stable in 3dmark 03 and in BF vietnam, it's only crashed once so far and that was in HL 2 when I tried to run everything at max at 1024 by 768 @85hz and it turns out that my monitor couldnt handle the refresh rate, (3 year old samsung syncmaster 17in). well the comp didnt actually crash, its just that my monitor went black, but I could still move and shoot and things, so i had to restart the comp.

Bull Crap...

amd zen's temps are 100% dyed in the wool crap. 170C is 338F. There is not a chip out there that will survive that temperature. The die would melt. Along with the plastic socket it's plugged in to.
Use this to convert temps and pay close attention to when you read temps. Use this simple converter to get a better handle on the C to F conversion.
http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm
And my little vid card chugs along at 80F/26C.

Back
Top Bottom