pcgodintraining

In Runtime
Hey, these are my main specs...

A7N8X E Deluxe
2500+ xp M
160 gig 7200 Sata WD
2 x 512 pc3200 micron RAM
Geforce Mx4000 vid card

So, I want to install windows, but don't know how. I have XP pro with sp2. I try inserting the disk and then pressing F6 to access the hard drive setup or something like that (What I've been told) but when I press F6 a message comes up saying "Verifying DMI pool data..." and it just stays there forever...so naturally, I shut the computer off, but for some reason, when I try holding the off switch, rather than doing a soft shut down, it just instantly shuts down, which I know isn't good for systems. So I am kind of jammed. I know that the board I am on uses a silicon image Sata controller and thus I must provide a floppy drive and use drivers, etc, but I don't know what to do really, so yeah, kind of broad and idiotic I know, but I honestly don't know where to start. I don't want to fry anything. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dont press F6. When it boots up press what button it tells you to push in order to boot into BIOS. there navigate to Advanced Options. I have an A7N8X, it is in Advanced Options in my BIOS so I am sure it is the same for yours.

If it is not under Advanced Options, then just nose around until you find something along the lines as...
"1st boot device"
"2nd boot device"
"3rd boot device"

Then change the cd-rom to the first boot device.

does that comp have an OS on it now? if not do what they said it should be under boot sequence.

1 whatever cd rom you want to boot from
2 hd
3 floppy or whatever just make sure that the first one is the cd rom

Back
Top Bottom